Bundesbank recalls all NY gold

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Bundesbank recalls all NY gold

Postby nero12345 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:44 am

theo wrote:
nero12345 wrote:
I'm not a news reporter so I I'm not required to provide sources. .

No one you here "required" you to do anything. However, if you post an important piece of information here, you may be asked to back it up with a source. As it turns out, your information was a little off. No big deal and certainly no need to get defensive.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/monkey-bus ... nk/5364090

http://rt.com/business/germany-to-return-gold-737/

Here's is another article on the subject. I'm not getting defensive, I'm just not sure in wrong.

P.s. the info isn't hard to find after all. Hard to believe I needed to provide more info to back up my wild claims. :lol:
Silver and Gold
•It does nothing – but it hides no mistakes.
•It holds no press conferences – but it tells no lies.
•It makes no promises – and never delivers less.
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby uthminsta » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:20 pm

nero12345 wrote:Here's is another article on the subject. I'm not getting defensive, I'm just not sure in wrong.
P.s. the info isn't hard to find after all. Hard to believe I needed to provide more info to back up my wild claims. :lol:

As the guy who asked first, I just want to be clear: I don't doubt you at all. I just wanted to read the whole thing. Thanks for the update.

If the gold is stored there, it's not that hard to deliver it. I mean, sheesh, do they need to borrow my 2-wheel cart?!? If they can't deliver it, doesn't that spell TONS OF GOLD MISSING?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby theo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:39 pm

nero12345 wrote:http://www.globalresearch.ca/monkey-bus ... nk/5364090

http://rt.com/business/germany-to-return-gold-737/

Here's is another article on the subject. I'm not getting defensive, I'm just not sure in wrong.

Understood. I'm just not sure if there was ever a specific payment schedule apart the broard timetable of seven years. The greater point here is that this gold repatriation is very slow in coming.

Thanks for the links.

uthminsta wrote:As the guy who asked first, I just want to be clear: I don't doubt you at all. I just wanted to read the whole thing. Thanks for the update.

If the gold is stored there, it's not that hard to deliver it. I mean, sheesh, do they need to borrow my 2-wheel cart?!? If they can't deliver it, doesn't that spell TONS OF GOLD MISSING?

Something that might be slowing the process down is that fact that the Germans want to make sure that the gold is assayed for the proper purity. They may have gotten burned there in the past. This, of course, brings up a whole new series of questions.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-01-1 ... r-one-year
Last edited by theo on Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:44 pm

uthminsta wrote:
nero12345 wrote:Here's is another article on the subject. I'm not getting defensive, I'm just not sure in wrong.

As the guy who asked first, I just want to be clear: I don't doubt you at all. I just wanted to read the whole thing. Thanks for the update.

it's call "pretense." The central banks all pretend there is no inflation... and now they have to collude to support the illusion that there is actually gold sitting in vaults anywhere... without some farcical pretense to invade some third-world country and raid their meager (Mali, or not so meager Libya) stores of gold to make good on their many-times rehypothecated gold swaps. :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby uthminsta » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:00 pm

theo wrote:I'm just not sure if there was ever a specific payment schedule apart the broard timetable of seven years.

Pretty sure that, back in October 2012, they were asking for 50 tons a year for 2013, 2014, 2015.
uthminsta

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:07 pm

68Camaro wrote:
uthminsta wrote:Interesting to note. Does this mean they have no problem with the stability of the pound?

No, just that they "need" some gold as collateral for forex with the USD and the pound, but they don't need anything in France.

Could Germany be repatriating gold for some future collateral with china and the yuan? See:
http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/content/ ... &sn=Detail

and
http://www.fastmarkets.com/gold-news/69842-1-en

this for great information and perspective of the Shanghi Gold Exchange (SGE)
http://therealasset.co.uk/chinese-gold-market/

Slow steady methodical, China makes her moves.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:47 pm

nero12345 wrote: I'm not a news reporter so I I'm not required to provide sources. :roll: In trying to keep up with all the nonsense that goes on these days I read many articles on many different websites and newspapers.

The only thing at stake is your credibility.

Your choice.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby nero12345 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Mossy wrote:
nero12345 wrote: I'm not a news reporter so I I'm not required to provide sources. :roll: In trying to keep up with all the nonsense that goes on these days I read many articles on many different websites and newspapers.

The only thing at stake is your credibility.

Your choice.

Yes, I did add a few sources that back up my statement afterwards. I really didn't think this was that big of a deal. I'm not a conspiracy fella and I don't just make stuff up. It was just a comment that's all. My credibility is just fine to me, I sleep just fine. :thumbup:
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 pm

Published on Jan 19, 2014

AIRED ON 01/08/2014 THE BLAZE "GLENN BECK PROGRAM"
Glenn Beck Takes Gold Rehypothecation Story Mainstream- German Gold is GONE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDHgn7uNYI
Copper Catcher

Postby nero12345 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:47 pm

I watched this glen beck show. He's not a guy I follow to much but he does a great job in explaining his point of view on this one. He is mainstream which is good cause this seems like important news, on the bad side he does have a rep that leads people to think he's a bit of a nutter.
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:51 pm

nero12345 wrote:I watched this glen beck show. He's not a guy I follow to much but he does a great job in explaining his point of view on this one. He is mainstream which is good cause this seems like important news, on the bad side he does have a rep that leads people to think he's a bit of a nutter.

That is true.... :thumbup:
Copper Catcher

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:15 am

I watch Glenn Beck as often as I can. This should be front page news everywhere in America.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:22 am

Copper Catcher wrote:Published on Jan 19, 2014

AIRED ON 01/08/2014 THE BLAZE "GLENN BECK PROGRAM"
Glenn Beck Takes Gold Rehypothecation Story Mainstream- German Gold is GONE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKDHgn7uNYI

Beck (usually - in my view - though obviously not in the view of others) has the right motivation. Unfortunately he doesn't always get his details precisely correct, and he sometimes communicates with more passion than intelligence. As a result it is too easy to dismiss him as a "nutter", but I think he will be proven more right than wrong on the core issues.

In this clip I can find a number of mis-statements. Most are just slips where he says one thing one place and another elsewhere. And he has some detailed facts and numbers wrong, but they are secondary facts, not essential to his overall message - in fact his message would have been more powerful if he had done this right. Unfortunate, but that's Beck.

Call me a nutter, but I usually like to hear what's getting him riled up, and how he presents it. Unfortunately he's harder to find since he left Fox.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:25 pm

I watched/listened to Beck once at a friend's request. Haven't seen him since. Sorry, to mainstream for me. Just another talking head in my observation.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Good piece, but he mistakenly states several times that the dollar is backed by gold.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby nero12345 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:55 pm

beauanderos wrote:Good piece, but he mistakenly states several times that the dollar is backed by gold.

I thought the same thing. I also watched this the other day ( don't know when it was done) but why didn't Eric sprott correct the guy. It's at about 2 minutes in.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JqGZdES2DPw

What a circus.
Silver and Gold
nero12345
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals