Ebay deal back again apmex ase

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Ebay deal back again apmex ase

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Past 10256 lots
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:29 am

Approaching 12,500 units. Looked at the deal on the regular browser instead of phone, and the expanded detail there indicates this is now a 24-hour deal, set to expire at 11am ET
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby knibloe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:08 am

PennysaverCP wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:
PennysaverCP wrote:I went to buy some. 8% Sales tax killed the deal for me.

8.875 here. :roll:

Oh well.

Edited to add: When using 1 - 4 as my quantity to buy, sales tax was shown on the checkout page all 4 times. When trying 5 as my quantity sales tax was not visible on the checkout page. I didn't buy, but found that interesting.

Thanks for the heads up!! I just purchased 5 and avoided the dreaded sales tax :D

I passed because of the sales tax. I don't believe that there is any quantity break in NY.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby mbailey1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:10 am

I looked at the APMEX website last night and they only had about 19 monsters of 2014's in stock. Now this ebay listing has sold 13,000+ 10 piece units? I think APMEX hired Bern-yankee as their new accountant for his retirement job.

Didn't stop me from buying 20 lots though. My AMEX card has a 5% rewards bonus for the 1st quarter of this year for up to $5000 in purchases so I jumped on it! $21.35 in BU ASE's and free shipping.

Thanks to whoever posted this deal! :clap:
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sanford02 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:11 am

I just ordered 1 lot....its still going on.
Sanford02
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:51 pm

The item is still there but price raised to $285. Essentially stopped at 15260 units.
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:15 pm

68Camaro wrote:The item is still there but price raised to $285. Essentially stopped at 15260 units.

15260 units--I feel sorry for those working in APMEX's shipping department as it will be quite busy I suspect.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm

305+ MONSTER BOXES!! :clap: I hope everyone got some... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I tried to order 5 lots last night but at check out it was gonna add over $100. in Okla sales taxes :o so it killed the deal for me and I canceled the order! :( :evil: :cry: :thumbdown:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Numis Pam » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm

PennysaverCP wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:
PennysaverCP wrote:I went to buy some. 8% Sales tax killed the deal for me.

8.875 here. :roll:
Oh well.
Edited to add: When using 1 - 4 as my quantity to buy, sales tax was shown on the checkout page all 4 times. When trying 5 as my quantity sales tax was not visible on the checkout page. I didn't buy, but found
that interesting.

Thanks for the heads up!! I just purchased 5 and avoided the dreaded sales tax :D

I tried to purchase 5 units yesterday before the price change but still had the taxes added.... why do some not have taxes added?

At first I just thought it was because I live in same state as APMEX...Okla, but some of you others that reported sales tax added don't live in Okla.
I don't guess I understand the differences. Can anyone help explain? Thanks
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Numis Pam wrote:I tried to purchase 5 units yesterday before the price change but still had the taxes added.... why do some not have taxes added?

At first I just thought it was because I live in same state as APMEX...Okla, but some of you others that reported sales tax added don't live in Okla.
I don't guess I understand the differences. Can anyone help explain? Thanks

From the listing:
Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: NY*(8.875%), OK*(9.0%).

APMEX's main location is in OK and they also have an office in NY.
natsb88

Postby silverstacker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:15 pm

Whats interesting for me on this 2014 ebay deal is that a month ago they had a similar deal on the 2013 ASE. I figured that this sale was due to APMEX getting rid of old inventory and freeing up some cash to prepare for the 2014 ASE. Now they have thrown me for a loop. Are they positioning themselves against their competitors in the market to get better deals from the mint?
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:16 pm

This is kind of off subject but if you lived in OK or NY and purchased a $2, $5 or $100 bill from them would they charge sales tax? Seems funny they do at all on "legal tender".
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:28 pm

pennypicker wrote:
68Camaro wrote:The item is still there but price raised to $285. Essentially stopped at 15260 units.

15260 units--I feel sorry for those working in APMEX's shipping department as it will be quite busy I suspect.

Don't worry... they hired Hannes Tulving's staff to take care of the shipping. Yours will go out Monday. :sick: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:29 pm

does anyone know if we got ebucks 2% on this one?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby mbailey1234 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:33 pm

beauanderos wrote:does anyone know if we got ebucks 2% on this one?

Don't think so Ray... :thumbdown: 2 years ago $3 over spot w free shipping on BU ASE's wouldn't have seemed like that good of a deal but that's about what 90% has been going for for a while now.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby christostock » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:40 pm

silverstacker wrote:Whats interesting for me on this 2014 ebay deal is that a month ago they had a similar deal on the 2013 ASE. I figured that this sale was due to APMEX getting rid of old inventory and freeing up some cash to prepare for the 2014 ASE. Now they have thrown me for a loop. Are they positioning themselves against their competitors in the market to get better deals from the mint?

I think they may have had an order from the mint, say 200,000 coins (just a guess) (ordering from the mint they have to buy units of 5000 ounces) (that is considered 1 unit), they then bought a similar size order at the bottom of the dip (or a larger order),
So just like anyone else when funds get tight you do what is necessary to get back into a cash position.
I do not believe this would make apmex low on cash, but who knows.
They may have had 2 orders for the total amount on sale for each order and were just replacing stock at a lower price.
On the other hand, maybe I am totally wrong.
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby mbailey1234 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Anyone receive their order yet? My tracking said "Out for delivery" this morning. The mail man came to the door since we had another big box but no coins today?? :? Tracking hasn't changed to delivered though, still says out for delivery. Never seen this happen before. I hope they show up Monday.
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby PennysaverCP » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:43 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:Anyone receive their order yet? My tracking said "Out for delivery" this morning. The mail man came to the door since we had another big box but no coins today?? :? Tracking hasn't changed to delivered though, still says out for delivery. Never seen this happen before. I hope they show up Monday.

My order was delivered today.
PennysaverCP
Penny Collector Member

Postby madman326 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:36 pm

mbailey1234 wrote:Anyone receive their order yet? My tracking said "Out for delivery" this morning. The mail man came to the door since we had another big box but no coins today?? :? Tracking hasn't changed to delivered though, still says out for delivery. Never seen this happen before. I hope they show up Monday.

got mine today, as well as an order from provident that was not supposed to be delivered till monday. a happy day indeed!
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverstacker » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:01 pm

My order was delivered today and the packaging and coins looked great!
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mishra142 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Got mine today. Was very impressed with the packaging. Wish this deal was still in affect i'd def. pick up some more :)
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Got mine today! :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:49 pm

this just in...
Attachments
ases.jpg
ases.jpg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby cooyon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:15 pm

My tube arrived yesterday, wish I had bought more. Very nice coins!
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals