Silver in the coin counter trash can!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver in the coin counter trash can!

Postby Diggin4copper » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:24 pm

Dropping some coin today and I spotted a coin in the trash can next to the coin counter... I did the old swoop and grab and stuck it in my pocket. The magnet on the counter had a large assortment of foreign coin too. Got outside and looked and saw it was a 1953 Panama coin the size of a quarter.. looked to be silver. I whipped out my cell phone to look it up, and read the coin. It has Ley 0.900 GR .625 on it. First silver from the counter as it usually is just magnetic coinage. Did one more drop and got a bunch of Canadian. 2 Loonies, 3 quarters, a nickle, a 1988 Indian coin with a Hippo, (my first hippo coin) aCayman island 25 cent piece, a Netherland 25 ct, a 2003 500 livres banque du Liban (Libia?) and a 2 cent euro...
Attachments
panama1.jpg
panama1.jpg (17.7 KiB) Viewed 436 times
panama2.jpg
panama2.jpg (13.5 KiB) Viewed 436 times
counter.jpg
counter.jpg (29.47 KiB) Viewed 436 times
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Silver in the coin counter trash can!

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:47 pm

Lebanon :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby John Reich » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm

beauanderos wrote:Lebanon :thumbup:

+1
John Reich
Penny Collector Member

Postby uthminsta » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:05 am

Nice score! Would you be willing to part with that Lebanon coin for my daughter's birth year set? :) PM me if you want.
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals