Tulving's in trouble again

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Tulving's in trouble again

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:03 am

Gold-coin investors feel shined on by Newport firm
A military vet is one of hundreds waiting on coins ordered from The Tulving Co. in Newport Beach.

Military veteran Dean Marzano – leery of stock and bond investments – decided in mid-October to sink $39,000 of his savings in gold.

He settled on 30 ounces of American Eagle coins from The Tulving Co. in Newport Beach, which promised the shipment would arrive within seven days. Nearly four months have passed, and the San Diego resident says his order is still nowhere in sight.

“I'm running out of options,” he said. “I got ahold of the shipping lady, and she says ‘I don't know what to tell you. Every day, I put in the orders and the owner chooses who he wants to send purchases to. I don't know what else to tell you.'”

Marzano, 40, is not alone. Consumers across the country have reported late or missing shipments of rare silver and gold coins purchased from the Orange County precious-metals dealer. Clients say they have lost tens of thousands of dollars in investments, prompting some to take the company to court.

rest of the article: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/coin ... -gold.html
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Tulving's in trouble again

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:14 am

Saw that yesterday, meant to comment on it but lost track. Thanks for remembering and following through. I wasn't fully familiar with all the past troubles but I had heard of prior issues, and I just had a slimy feeling from him and never felt comfortable - so I stayed away. Now I know why. I feel sorry for the people that were caught out; hopefully that wasn't their full wad, but due diligence remains the name of the game in any transaction.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:52 am

Yeah, I was unaware of this place's history. It just goes to show you can't just find the absolute lowest cost provider and think you've found a great deal. Sometimes paying up a little for security and piece of mind is well worth it.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:44 am

This must be a recent problem. Dealing with Tulving a few years ago I found him fast and efficient. I use his quotes as a guideline for market demand and price structure.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby natsb88 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:31 pm

Tulving problems have been ongoing for at least the last 18-24 months. There's a thread over on BS that was started in October 2012. For quite a while the reports of delivery issues were drowned out by long-time customers saying "Tulving has always been great" etc etc. Then enough complaints started to pile up to show a trend, and even long-time customers started complaining about lots of empty delivery promises.
natsb88

Postby theo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:19 pm

neilgin1 wrote:Gold-coin investors feel shined on by Newport firm
A military vet is one of hundreds waiting on coins ordered from The Tulving Co. in Newport Beach.

Military veteran Dean Marzano – leery of stock and bond investments – decided in mid-October to sink $39,000 of his savings in gold.

He settled on 30 ounces of American Eagle coins from The Tulving Co. in Newport Beach, which promised the shipment would arrive within seven days. Nearly four months have passed, and the San Diego resident says his order is still nowhere in sight.

“I'm running out of options,” he said. “I got ahold of the shipping lady, and she says ‘I don't know what to tell you. Every day, I put in the orders and the owner chooses who he wants to send purchases to. I don't know what else to tell you.'”

Marzano, 40, is not alone. Consumers across the country have reported late or missing shipments of rare silver and gold coins purchased from the Orange County precious-metals dealer. Clients say they have lost tens of thousands of dollars in investments, prompting some to take the company to court.

rest of the article: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/coin ... -gold.html

Wow! Way to keep a low profile. Not only does he make very large and very traceable purchase of PMs; he then takes his complaints to the media complete with his FULL NAME. Did the article provide directions to his house as well? I have a tough time believing that a former military guy would have such disregard for operational security.

Also, with that much money on the line, I would seriously consider paying a visit to Tulving HQ and not leave without either the coins or a cashier's check.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:17 am

Yeah, that was my take as well.

Someone's scamming him out of 39 grand and they're only 90 miles away...the best he figures he can do is call the media?
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:27 pm

theo wrote:Wow! Way to keep a low profile. Not only does he make very large and very traceable purchase of PMs; he then takes his complaints to the media complete with his FULL NAME. Did the article provide directions to his house as well? I have a tough time believing that a former military guy would have such disregard for operational security.

A few keystrokes later.....
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals