Are you serious?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Are you serious?

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:45 am

I just read this and find it really hard to believe!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-fix-study-shows-signs-090756962.html
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Are you serious?

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:56 am

you didn't know this already? Every market is manipulated... "free markets" are just an illusion. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby pennypicker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:01 am

It doesn't surprise me at all. Many rich people are always searching for a way to get richer whether it be insider trading, price fixing as suggested in this article, off-shore bank accounts or whatever. I guess its an addiction of some sorts and they just can't get enough of it even if they have to circumvent the rules or even blatantly break the law.

I'm just a "meat & potatoes" stacker and will never be rich but at least I sleep well at night without worrying about someone with a badge knocking on my door.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OtusLotus » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:41 am

If people have always done it.. it becomes THE culture.

That is why the people with money make money! Everything is so corrupt!
OtusLotus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

+1
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Z00 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 pm

OtusLotus wrote:I just read this and find it really hard to believe!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gold-fix-study-shows-signs-090756962.html

This is nothing new.

Do you really think that entities (people) that control things would not structure it to benefit themselves?

Niavete
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:18 pm

I fear that the authors of this paper may become suicidal :shock: :? :shh:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Engineer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:08 pm

beauanderos wrote:I fear that the authors of this paper may become suicidal :shock: :? :shh:

With a hot glue gun.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Engineer wrote:
beauanderos wrote:I fear that the authors of this paper may become suicidal :shock: :? :shh:

With a hot glue gun.

and found with their hands and feet bound.

Definitely suicide.

Just like the guy with the multiple nail gun shots to his body and head. 100% suicide. Nothing to see here. What you think that is not possible? You seem depressed. If you start investigating you may be suicidal as well.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:27 pm

blackrabbit wrote:
Engineer wrote:

With a hot glue gun.

and found with their hands and feet bound.

Definitely suicide.

Just like the guy with the multiple nail gun shots to his body and head. 100% suicide. Nothing to see here. What you think that is not possible? You seem depressed. If you start investigating you may be suicidal as well.

I just read that story about the nail gun. That's the way I would like to go :o
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverflake » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 pm

What?????? The gold markets are manipulated???? Did you all know about this? Why didn't anybody tell me??? Next you're going to tell me the silver market is manipulated too.

Thanks a lot guys.....

;)

(Keep stacking as much manipulated metals as you can get your hands on!)
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else but me noted the drastic increase in page load times at yahoo finance? Once upon a time (and I mean 8-12 years ago) it was distinctive and notable for being a super-streamlined fast-loading page. It started to load itself up with images and ads as time went on, but the last year or two it's gotten so bad that I've mostly stopped using it because I can't stand the appallingly long times it takes to load the stinkin' page. I've since moved to goggle's finance page, which is rather like yahoo's used to be - it loads fast.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Engineer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:04 am

68Camaro wrote:Slightly off-topic, but has anyone else but me noted the drastic increase in page load times at yahoo finance? Once upon a time (and I mean 8-12 years ago) it was distinctive and notable for being a super-streamlined fast-loading page. It started to load itself up with images and ads as time went on, but the last year or two it's gotten so bad that I've mostly stopped using it because I can't stand the appallingly long times it takes to load the stinkin' page. I've since moved to goggle's finance page, which is rather like yahoo's used to be - it loads fast.

It takes a while for the NSA to record everything you're loading.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals