Good time to sell gold?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Good time to sell gold?

Postby DaMangRon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:22 pm

My wife has 6 heavy gold rings with diamonds that her mom gave her a few years ago. She wants to sell them and maybe get 1 new ring that she would actually wear and put the rest of the money in the bank. I've been stalling her...because I think gold may be on the rise...plus it's just going to be a chore, having to bring the rings to a couple different places to see who offers the most.

The nagging HAS to end soon!!! Do you think I should give in and start looking to sell....or hold out a bit longer? I could probably hold her off another 6 months or so, before she drives me crazy....lol. Also...any suggestions on selling gold and diamonds? I've ever done this before.
DaMangRon
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Good time to sell gold?

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:53 pm

You might sell them here. Perhaps wait 'till you see a spike up in the price of gold and sell one each time it spikes on buy it now, or spread out over time (would take 6 months) one per month on the kitchen sink auction. However, there are many here who know this business way better than I. But, definitely show her the rings and other jewelry being sold here and over at Bullion Stacker soon so she can maybe find something she wants.

I don't know how it is over at your house but with me and mine, when mama is happy with the bling (is that the slang term used now?) it's a lucky night for all concerned.

Skoons has sold a lot here and over at Bullion Stacker, you might PM him once you have an ides of what you want. Many have taken advantage of his service and wares.
Last edited by johnbrickner on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:42 pm

check with Market Harmony, he offers some pretty good prices I've heard. :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby DaMangRon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:48 pm

The reason I think I need to do this is an actual store is I have no clue what the diamonds are worth...there's some pretty big stones involved here...
DaMangRon
Penny Pincher Member

Postby mtalbot_ca » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Maybe get a quote from a reputable jeweller bearing in mind that he could use her gold and stones to make her the new one (keep some sentimental value) and see how much he would give you for the remainder of the gold to pay for his time and expertise.

Cheers,
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Member » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:53 pm

DaMangRon wrote:The reason I think I need to do this is an actual store is I have no clue what the diamonds are worth...there's some pretty big stones involved here...

How big??
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:40 am

Maybe you could see if she would compromise. Sell it, get her the ring she wants, put half of the leftover cash in the bank and the other half into some gold coins to invest on her behalf so you don't have to worry about the price movements.

As for when to sell, I wouldn't sell now. We had the floor drop out last year, a good several months of consolidation, and now the war drums are picking up again.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals