Tulving going under?!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Tulving going under?!

Postby wagsthadog » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:19 am

Hi all-

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/tulv ... -coin.html

Never dealt with his company, but not surprised. Everyone seemed to say he was a scumbag :o

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Tulving going under?!

Postby barrytrot » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:26 am

tulving.com seems to be operating normally. I didn't call to place an order as they are no longer 24/7.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 am

Tulving appears to have gone out of business on March 3. Web site is up, but no one is answering the phone.

Most likely, he couldn't keep inventory flow with the wild swings of PMs. Probably got into trouble, similar to the "CASH FOR GOLD" folks. Bankruptcy, although not confirmed yet for this now closed business, has happened in the past.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby natsb88 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Post about Tulving problems from a few weeks ago: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28224&p=251989

About.ag page on Tulving problems: http://about.ag/tulving.htm

BullionStacker thread on Issues with Tulving back in October 2012, thread has grown to 14 pages as the business slowly ground to a halt: http://www.bullionstacker.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11077

Tulving's previous FTC/fraud/bankruptcy problems back in the early 1990s: http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/hannes-tulving

barrytrot wrote:tulving.com seems to be operating normally. I didn't call to place an order as they are no longer 24/7.

They didn't update their website very frequently even when they were in business 24/7. Now that they seem to be out of business, it might just linger until their hosting runs out or somebody handling the bankruptcy figures out how to change/close it.
natsb88

Postby dakota1955 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:10 pm

it's going, going, gone
dakota1955

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:21 pm

dakota1955 wrote:it's going, going, gone

taking with it how much money from investors who wanted physical? $50 million? anyone care to hazard a guess?

the outcome, repercussions, etc... further dampened demand for metals as some of the players lick their wounds. :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby TXBullion » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:47 pm

I was wondering how much was out there ...... Those numbers should come available in the coming weeks I would think....
TXBullion

Postby Corsair » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:28 pm

Yikes, looked like the fellas who were involved in our group buy about about a year ago got lucky we received what we ordered. Lucky in the sense we weren't completely ripped off...silver has taken a hell of a dive since then. Sorry boys!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:48 am

Corsair wrote:Yikes, looked like the fellas who were involved in our group buy about about a year ago got lucky we received what we ordered. Lucky in the sense we weren't completely ripped off...silver has taken a hell of a dive since then. Sorry boys!

It's down about $9/ounce. Still better than losing $21/ounce if they decide to keep your cash :)
barrytrot

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:35 am

beauanderos wrote:

taking with it how much money from investors who wanted physical? $50 million? anyone care to hazard a guess?

the outcome, repercussions, etc... further dampened demand for metals as some of the players lick their wounds. :sick:

just ruminating on such, gets to me thinking bad things. glad I never had anything to do with the fellow. I had read bad things just a few years back, about him. i'm glad that vet, Dean M, got his 30 Au Eagles for 39k.....which is a nice buy, but I bet he sure paid in the nightmare evenings of that sinking feeling for 4 months.

OB, you good?....you didn't jammed coz of this untermenschen, did ya?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:32 am

neilgin1 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

just ruminating on such, gets to me thinking bad things. glad I never had anything to do with the fellow. I had read bad things just a few years back, about him. i'm glad that vet, Dean M, got his 30 Au Eagles for 39k.....which is a nice buy, but I bet he sure paid in the nightmare evenings of that sinking feeling for 4 months.

I couldn't afford his minimums :thumbdown:
beauanderos

Postby Rosco » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Did one deal several years ago an Sweated blood before it was done :thumbdown:
Said then never again :wave:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:33 am

I did two deals with him in Dec 08 and Mar 09. For me, they were big deals. The product came at an appropriate time and I did not worry, too much.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:58 am

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:41 am

neilgin1 wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

I read somewhere (Jim Willie???) that there will probably be clawbacks on all refunds and bullion deliveries for the past three months by the bankruptcy executors. I wonder if there will be a chance for the public to bid on any type of liquidation sale?
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:57 am

The group buy that Barry did was late 2011, so before he started to make stupid decisions with futures and using his drop shipping to run a spread. Glad we missed the issue!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals