Silver prices dropping

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver prices dropping

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Silver is acting real sparky here. I'm loaded ultra heavy on the long side so I'm obviously biased, but I'd like to think objective at the same time. Let's see...
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:05 am

Time to buy!! The RSI levels indicate that SILVER is as much oversold as it was last August. You'all know what happened then, as SILVER rose from $17 and moved to $31; an 82% rise. If we get another rise like this from $27, SILVER would go to $50.

I bought some CEF this morning at $18.30. If it goes lower, I'll buy more incrementally.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Beau » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:47 pm

OK Guys,

I have had it when silver hit another 25 cents lower I`am at the dealer on a laptop,

and I will BACK UP THE TRUCK to load a pallet.

WE ARE TALKING MAJOR LOAD for a powerstroke diesel, Ford F350 Dually.

WITH 50 ROUND CLIP IN A SKS, 2 more clips ready and a 1,000 rounds on the floor.

do you think I`am a fool or not?

or should I wait another day?

Beau
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 pm

I sold APMEX five Maples for $1380 each a few days ago, waiting for the check. Gonna swap it into Lydian rounds with Nate... hope the price stays low until he orders. :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:15 pm

Well I added a gargantuan load today after prices slipped just under my entry from last night. My system, right or wrong says this is it.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:35 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Well I added a gargantuan load today after prices slipped just under my entry from last night. My system, right or wrong says this is it.

Ok, I backed up the ziploc bag. :D For what little I had left went to some .999
TXBullion

Postby TXBullion » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:30 pm

Beau wrote:.
OK Guys,

I have had it when silver hit another 25 cents lower I`am at the dealer on a laptop,

and I will BACK UP THE TRUCK to load a pallet.

WE ARE TALKING MAJOR LOAD for a powerstroke diesel, Ford F350 Dually.

WITH 50 ROUND CLIP IN A SKS, 2 more clips ready and a 1,000 rounds on the floor.

do you think I`am a fool or not?

or should I wait another day?

Beau

Did you back the truck up, the big truck :mrgreen:
TXBullion

Postby Beau » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 pm

the price never went down 25 cents, but I got as volume discount and I have them.

[2009, 2010, 2011 Silver Eagles]

I`am at a Truck Stop on the way home.

should get home about 2:00 AM.

kinda spent my cash for this month.

I hope the price of silver goes down now, so I can buy some more.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm

I have noticed the premiums in the commodity ETFs getting smaller due to sellers. In addition, I see that Tulving is only paying spot-95c for 90% (the lowest I've seen in awhile). So, I'd have to say that there is abnormal selling pressure at this time. Probably, this is a time to be discriminating, as bargains will be put on the table by weak johnny-come-lately sellers wanting to get out quickly.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby .02FYI » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:08 pm

19.63 x face for silver. Sad to see it drop below 2.00 for dime. Yet the over bought story and downward traectory could continue. It could go back up or it could go down then sideways. It's hard to say. The paper guys on comex seem to be able to still get in there and do some damage. Even when silver physical is in short supply. So this market is volitile. Also there has been change in the direction of the Silver Gold ratio it's now in high 48 range which implies correction for silver and weaker prices for both metals. If silver takes off the ratio could go back down again. Oh well don't lose any sleep unless your holding only paper. Or you are on margin and buying with credit card, house line of credit etc...
.02FYI
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Ethon » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:54 pm

even though the price is going down look at ebay, i can't find one 10 ounce bar going under 300 bucks. So physical isn't really going down its all just manipulation but people are catching on.
Ethon
Penny Sorter Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:00 am

As of this Friday's Close of Trading Report, JP Morgan and friends are SHORT 227,000,000 ounces of silver. Buy it and take delivery. Crash JP Morgan in the short squeeze of the century.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby Cptindy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Silver will stay low for January and begin to climb into March!
Expect to see $38 this spring!
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"
"The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."
H.L. Mencken
Cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Ethon wrote:even though the price is going down look at ebay, i can't find one 10 ounce bar going under 300 bucks. So physical isn't really going down its all just manipulation but people are catching on.

Some might say that the arbitrage trade is to short physical and buy paper as the future prices are trading at a discount and physical a premium. I longed a huge load of paper for The JP Morgue to squeeze higher. :D
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Beau » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:15 am

Cptindy wrote:Silver will stay low for January and begin to climb into March!
Expect to see $38 this spring!

silver is up 45 cents on the foreighn market, so when will we get another buying break?
I would like to see silver at $10. then I can BACK UP THE TRUCK AGAIN.
I did well with this break, but I need one more major break.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:41 pm

Mortgaged the farm and am all in on Comex futures @ 26.72
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Corsair » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I'm very new and very inexperienced at all of this. But if stocks are rising and PMs are falling, does that not show that people have a little more confidence in the economy and the dollar? What if the economy recovers? What if this downturn is just cyclical? Will PMs fall back down to the lows we saw just a few years back? Or does everyone think that no matter what happens with the economy, we are above $25/oz Ag and $1200/oz Au for good?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:47 pm

I would like to backup the ziploc bag again, what is everyone else doing right now?
TXBullion

Postby Country » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Mortgaged the farm and am all in on Comex futures @ 26.72

I hope you're right. :?

I'm getting that quesy feeling in my gut this could get nasty if it goes down from here. I guess first support would be $25. I hope we don't get there to test $25. If that does not hold, SILVER could go back to $22 or so; thereby making it a 30% correction, which for SILVER is not unreasonable. GOLD should hold up a lot better.

Dealers will soon be OUT OF STOCK, and we've seen that before too.
Last edited by Country on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Thogey » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 pm

I hope there is a panic dump below 20. That would be awsome!

I love silver. I like it cheap.

You guys need to stay focused. 15X face was a wild wet fantasy a few months ago.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Corsair wrote:I'm very new and very inexperienced at all of this. But if stocks are rising and PMs are falling, does that not show that people have a little more confidence in the economy and the dollar? What if the economy recovers? What if this downturn is just cyclical? Will PMs fall back down to the lows we saw just a few years back? Or does everyone think that no matter what happens with the economy, we are above $25/oz Ag and $1200/oz Au for good?

In my opinion this is what the Powers that be want you to believe. It's all a show, an illusion, never mind the man behind the curtain! These are not the droids you're looking for... I am seeing this as a buying opportunity. I know it is only a matter of time until the dollar collapses, it's imminent. How can our government spend trillions of dollars and keep printing more and more like they are an escaped lunatic and not have any consequences?

The only reason our government has been able to get away with what it has for so long is that we are the largest economy in world. Nearly everything is backed by the US Dollar. We are not some small country like Germany in the Late 1920's or Yugoslavia in the late 1990's. They had hyperinflation beyond your worst nightmare's, all because of the exact same thing that our government is currently doing. The time scale for happened to those countries was very short only because of the size of their economy and lack of impact on the global economy. The same thing more than likely will happen here just on a longer time frame due to the impact on the global economy.

You will soon be glad you were able to get any PM's at all. Every country that has gone through what those other 2 have and what we are now going through, all made the purchasing of gold and foreign currency illegal just before the SHTF. The people who made it through those events were the people wise enough to see the signs and bought gold and silver early, they made minimum payments on their debts (because they knew that hyper-inflation would soon nearly erase what debt they had) and had food stockpiled.

Look at this as the calm before the storm. Buy now and continue to buy even if the prices go lower. They will more than likely hit a tipping point and skyrocket fast. Then it could be too late. Any PM's you can find will be extremely hard to acquire. Your fiat money will be nearly useless and will not be able to buy any commodity. The Germans actually used to burn their money in stoves because it was cheaper to do that than to buy firewood.

Just get prepared. I would rather be prepared and have nothing happen than not be prepared and have the worst happen. Just my two cents..
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:33 pm

jtlee321 makes some excellent points. It helped me to recall that much of the action we witnessed in the past was not a reflection of PM depreciation, but more about a repositioning of wealth away from Euros and into Dollars, thus supporting the dollar against all other currencies. This, in turn, had an effect on PM pricing such that it seemed to depreciate in value. However, this latest aggressive move higher in the past few months should help to cement the fact that it just takes time for TRUE valuation to come to fruition when the world is so used to fiat. In time, PM's will once again return to wealth preservation status when all other currencies are backed by faith in debt.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Jtlee and MH you are spot on. This thing is going to take time to play out. Buy on the dips and keep buying. Its going to take some time to see the full effect of the destruction of the dollar. Its coming, make no bones about that.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Mortgaged the farm and am all in on Comex futures @ 26.72

So far so good...The system prevails. :)
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Nice move in SILVER today - now over $30. GOLD is picking up some too.

Looks like the January correction has bottomed out and PMs are now moving higher. A nice grinding up move would suit me fine. $31 SILVER is not that far away. :mrgreen:
Country
Realcent Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals