Did We Bottom?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Did We Bottom?

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:26 am

Dead Cat Bounce? Or are we now recovering? Short covering rally? How long before they erase the gains?

Image Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Did We Bottom?

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 am

Good question, but it's no coincidence the drop started when the alibaba ipo started and pulled 22b out of the market. That 22b come from somewhere.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Recyclersteve » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm not going to make any definitive calls, but I remember hearing something that Rick Rule (works with Eric Sprott @ Sprott Asset Mgt. in Toronto) said a while back. He was asked if we had bottomed. His response (after the sharp mid-April, 2013 decline last year) was that we'd only seen a few really wild days and that wasn't enough for a washout. He said you need about two weeks of the truly wild action (where both the bulls and bears just want to give up) before a bottom has been put in place. This, coming from a guy who wants metals to do well, was an eye opening statement as far as I'm concerned. Last Friday was one wild day, but I haven't seen any others like it recently, just a slow steady downward action. Based on his statement last year, I'm pretty sure Rick Rule would say we have NOT hit bottom. I guess you could say he would "Rule" that out. (bad pun)
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve

Postby beauanderos » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:51 am

Looks like they're back to their old tricks.

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby brian0918 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:01 am

Based on the fact that I'm thinking of buying again after taking a couple years off, I'd say we've got a lot lower to go still.

Also there's this analysis:

http://monetary-metals.com/monetary-met ... -sep-2014/
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fasteddy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:00 pm

I wish it was at the bottom....but looks like it is going down the crapper now. Headed to the LCS to see if he is selling anything at all.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby silverstacker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:52 pm

fasteddy wrote:I wish it was at the bottom....but looks like it is going down the crapper now. Headed to the LCS to see if he is selling anything at all.

Just picked up a tube ofJM BUllions deal.....2014 Horse Privy BRits for $377 shipped.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:33 pm

silverstacker wrote:
fasteddy wrote:I wish it was at the bottom....but looks like it is going down the crapper now. Headed to the LCS to see if he is selling anything at all.

Just picked up a tube ofJM BUllions deal.....2014 Horse Privy BRits for $377 shipped.

Thanks for heads-up. Great price on a limited edition government coin. Just order some myself.

(Hope you're feeling better.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Country » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:25 pm

IMO, we need to see more volatility on BOTH downside and upside before a bottom is in. SILVER right now is in WATERFALL mode. This is sort of like it was when the SPX tumbled from 800 to 666 in 2009. No pivot point yet. When it occurs, BUYERs will push it dramatically higher and fast. But, for now it is CAPITULATION and WATERFALL.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Country wrote:IMO, we need to see more volatility on BOTH downside and upside before a bottom is in. SILVER right now is in WATERFALL mode. This is sort of like it was when the SPX tumbled from 800 to 666 in 2009. No pivot point yet. When it occurs, BUYERs will push it dramatically higher and fast. But, for now it is CAPITULATION and WATERFALL.

Yes, it does have that feel.

I'm going to add more to my investment if it goes a little lower again and then again if it does again.

I think the short term is likely down, but because it's pretty low I want to be in for the CATAPULT back up to $18 :) Yes $18 is the new $30 :)
barrytrot

Postby rum3002576 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:08 am

my hopes are it goes lower yet, i plan on holding my silver for atleast another 15 years. all mine is for my grandkids someday.
rum3002576
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:06 am

Looks like we are oscillating around $17 now. Probably gathering for the big dive :)
barrytrot

Postby silverstacker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:37 am

68Camaro wrote:
silverstacker wrote:

Thanks for heads-up. Great price on a limited edition government coin. Just order some myself.

(Hope you're feeling better.)

Thanks! Feeling better everyday. Had to pick up a few more tubes of those Horse Brits. This time I got them for $372 a tube shipped of course. They say on the website that their MINT sealed. I hope they aren't blowing smoke up my arse.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 am

With shipping included at just over $19 (less if you wire) that's hard to pass up for a limited issue but well respected government coin. Just ordered two more tubes.
68Camaro

Postby pennypicker » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:07 am

barrytrot wrote:Looks like we are oscillating around $17 now. Probably gathering for the big dive :)

I'm having the same feeling as well. The longer silver stays below the $18 support level the greater the chance we will see $15 silver again.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wolvesdad » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:07 pm

Yes, JM is really rocking it with those horse privy Britain's. With free shipping, they're priced better than almost all other one ounce rounds.
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby wolvesdad » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:18 pm

As far as for the mint seal, they have the two serial numbered ribbons crisscrossed over the lid. I don't dare pull those off to to test it, so I hope they haven't been fooled with
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals