Finally bit the bullet!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Finally bit the bullet!

Postby tebam11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Since about August of last year I have gone into a few different banks where we have accounts and got them to order coin for me. I've gone through a few boxes of halves, a couple of dimes and 1 of quarters. Think I only found '64 dime out of all those. Well, was at my new small town bank today opening a business account, I do not know any of these people working, there is only one teller a few loan people and a boss! I thought what the heck, I asked the lady helping me with this new account about looking for old coins, I asked about did they take customer rolled coin or did it have to be loose, she said loose. I asked about their machine counter, did it roll or just count, she said she would have to ask the teller, anyway to make a short story longer, When the teller came in, she explained a little about how they take in the coin a such so I just asked, "could I buy that loose coin brought in to search through?" she said," I don't know why not." So I asked how often to come, I don't want to be a bother or pester you, she said once a week should be ok.

I know thats kind of drawn out, but I'm excited, of course I hoping I'll be getting coin that has not been "professionally searchred" through. I would think my odds of finding some pre '65 would be alot better.
tebam11

Re: Finally bit the bullet!

Postby Dumpster Diver » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Good luck! Searching bags is great fun for sure.
Dumpster Diver
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Yep, hope you strike gold dude. Or silver, rather. ;)
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby tebam11 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:17 am

bought $330.00 in loose coin from them about 3 pm today, already done sorting. Kept probably 100 copper pennies, $10.00 of nickles. no silver in the dimes,quarters. on 2 halves in the whole bunch and they were 80's. 3 presidential dollar coins that I kept.
tebam11

Postby misteroman » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 am

sounds like a great new connection!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tebam11 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:40 am

anybody want to trade me some silver for the copper pennies I have. I really am not into the penny hoard thing, but I find it hard to just toss them while I'm searching. I do not have a whole lot, but have just been sorted into any date before 83. I have not pulled out wheats or any special dates or mint marks.
tebam11

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals