purity?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

purity?

Postby bgretz1989 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 pm

a buddy of mine sold me some silver contactors. they were checked by a local dealer to make sure they were in fact silver. he said they are silver but he could only pay sterling price without knowing how pure hey are. so, is there any way to find out about the purity or should they just be viewed as sterling? thanks- brian
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Re: purity?

Postby AgCollector » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:18 pm

bgretz1989 wrote:a buddy of mine sold me some silver contactors. they were checked by a local dealer to make sure they were in fact silver. he said they are silver but he could only pay sterling price without knowing how pure hey are. so, is there any way to find out about the purity or should they just be viewed as sterling? thanks- brian

It may be pure but since Midwest Refineries doesn't accept silver electrical contacts (see page here: http://midwestrefineries.com/silver.htm) there must be some contaminants in them. I say, if you can get a sterling price for it go for it!
AgCollector
Penny Collector Member

Postby justoneguy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

I have 1.8 troy oz of these.
I'd sell for $35 or $1.75 silver.
LMK
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JadeDragon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm

Maybe Market Harmony will refine them for you?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals