Silver... Are you still a buyer?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver... Are you still a buyer?

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:31 pm

tax time is here

still buying when i can though
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby tn-dave » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm still a buyer. Usually only about an ounce or so per week but even that amount that will add up over time.
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Pachucko » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:30 pm

Buyer, seller, trader. Depends.....:)
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:03 am

For the first time in my life... I sold some silver last week! I traded three ASE @ $33.00 each to a jewelry shop owner/friend for a ring for my wife's birthday. I was shocked at how fast the owner grabbed the deal. Maybe I sold them too cheap?

I am waiting for Ag to drop to at least $25.00 before I start buying again. A dip down to $20.00? Nawh, I don't think that will happen, but if it does... I will buy!

Edit: If you factor in sales tax. Then I let them go for $35.81 each.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Devil Soundwave » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:06 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:For the first time in my life... I sold some silver last week! I traded three ASE @ $33.00 each to a jewelry shop owner/friend for a ring for my wife's birthday. I was shocked at how fast the owner grabbed the deal. Maybe I sold them too cheap?

I am waiting for Ag to drop to at least $25.00 before I start buying again. A dip down to $20.00? Nawh, I don't think that will happen, but if it does... I will buy!

I dunno that you let them go too cheap; likely just that the jeweller saw 3 ounces of silver, thought "hey, I can make about 8 rings out of that!" and saw profit potential. :)
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Silver Addict » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

I'm a seller at these prices. Selling silver and buying gold a little at a time.
Silver Addict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:For the first time in my life... I sold some silver last week! I traded three ASE @ $33.00 each to a jewelry shop owner/friend for a ring for my wife's birthday. I was shocked at how fast the owner grabbed the deal. Maybe I sold them too cheap?

I dunno that you let them go too cheap; likely just that the jeweller saw 3 ounces of silver, thought "hey, I can make about 8 rings out of that!" and saw profit potential. :)

I had not thought of that! You are most likely right. The lady is always making stuff to order. You can walk in and buy from a wide variety of stones and then she will make a piece of jewelery to fit it. Cool stuff!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 97guns » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:56 pm

i scored this one last night, it worked out to $28.58 a pop after the rebates.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... MEWNX%3AIT
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby mtalbot_ca » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:41 pm

I bought my first .999 maples this week.
Common sense should prevail if not, misery will.
mtalbot_ca
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Corsair » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 pm

If the Packers can win tomorrow, I'll have a nice, shiny Canadian Maple delivered right to my door. Isn't that right, Thogey?
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:30 pm

That's a big if.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 pm

Still buying, but very selectively. The price has to be at a nice discount. I'm not selling anything, as prices should be significantly higher over the next few years. I didn't sell anything when SILVER was $18 and I won't now.

I guess if someone needs some CASH, you sell some. But not me.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Drill Baby Drill » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Always a buyer. Just slowly stacking a little every week, like tn-dave, a slowly my stack gets bigger. What do you have more faith in PM's or FRN's?
Drill Baby Drill

Postby davycoppitt » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:58 pm

I'm only buying silver if I can find it under spot right now, saving up my money for hopefully a summer correction.
davycoppitt
Penny Pincher Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:05 pm

davycoppitt wrote:I'm only buying silver if I can find it under spot right now, saving up my money for hopefully a summer correction.

The summer will correct, no doubt. But it will drop from $45 down to $38. :? Better to buy a bit each month.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:57 pm

30 dollar silver is back and I see there is still robust demand. The dollar seems to have taken a beatdown today, all metals could be moving on up to the eastside. :)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Still a buyer, just bought a '64 Kennedy for fifty cents at Chase. :lol:
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm

:D Bought $3.00 paid $66.00 he had more but I bought what I had in Pocket :mrgreen:

That could be really Cheep next week :P
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals