Need to cash in part of my silver hoard, best place?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Need to cash in part of my silver hoard, best place?

Postby fhbob » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:15 pm

I need to exchange some of my silver hoard in order to purchase an engagement ring, where around town would be the best place to go to get spot or close to spot prices for my silver?
fhbob

Re: Need to cash in part of my silver hoard, best place?

Postby bgretz1989 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:21 pm

You have to shop around. Each place you go will give you a different price.
bgretz1989
Penny Collector Member

Postby Corsair » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:22 pm

What do you have for sale? I'm sure people here on the forum would be happy to help.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:23 pm

Ask your jeweler if he will trade for your silver. After all they are in the PM biz right?
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Just last week I traded 3 ASE's for a 0.4 ct. amethest marque (sp?) stone with two small diamonds, 14k gold ring. (It will be a birthday present for my wife) The jeweler was very happy to trade with me. So happy, in fact, it made me wonder if I got the short end of the trade. I have bought jewelry from this jeweler for many years and we have a good relationship, so, maybe she was doing me a favor. Either way... I am looking forward to the look on my wife's face on her b'day!

First find out what the market is for your silver, then go talk to the jeweler... maybe they will trade with you!

Best wishes to you and your future bride! May you enjoy all the joys and happiness I have shared with my spouse for the last 34 years! :)
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Nickelmeister » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

If you want to trade silver for a loose diamond, let me know!
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals