Super Bowl trophy contains 95 ounces of silver!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Super Bowl trophy contains 95 ounces of silver!

Postby Nickelless » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:03 pm

Anyone else want to try to melt this down? :mrgreen:

http://sgtreport.com/2015/02/silver-con ... 95-ounces/
Nickelless
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Super Bowl trophy contains 95 ounces of silver!

Postby Shazbot57 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:10 pm

It's worth more as sports memorabilia (to some people- Lol!)! It's a 1/1 item!
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverstacker » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:13 pm

In my earlier days I bartended a wedding for a defensive lineman on the St. Louis Rams when they beat the Titans in the Super Bowl. They had the trophy at the wedding as most players where there minus Faulk and Warner. I snuck away and went to go use the washroom and went into the dining room ( huge house by the way) and grabbed that sucker and put it above my heard and said " I'm going to disneyworld"

Great memory
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Shazbot57 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 pm

silverstacker wrote:In my earlier days I bartended a wedding for a defensive lineman on the St. Louis Rams when they beat the Titans in the Super Bowl. They had the trophy at the wedding as most players where there minus Faulk and Warner. I snuck away and went to go use the washroom and went into the dining room ( huge house by the way) and grabbed that sucker and put it above my heard and said " I'm going to disneyworld"

Great memory

Priceless!
Shazbot57
Penny Collector Member

Postby silverflake » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Patriots now have 380 ounces of that Lombardi silver. That's 4 trophies if you're counting!

Keep stacking (that goes for the Pats too)!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:54 pm

silverflake wrote:Patriots now have 380 ounces of that Lombardi silver. That's 4 trophies if you're counting!

I'm assuming you're a Red Sox fan? Me too. I need to let you know something though...

The Patriots are the Yankees of the NFL and Tom Brady is the Derek Jeter of the NFL. Blech.
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby mrlaufer » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:40 pm

justj2k78 wrote:
silverflake wrote:Patriots now have 380 ounces of that Lombardi silver. That's 4 trophies if you're counting!

I'm assuming you're a Red Sox fan? Me too. I need to let you know something though...

The Patriots are the Yankees of the NFL and Tom Brady is the Derek Jeter of the NFL. Blech.

I would agree about the Pats being like the Yanks. I am in no way a Yankees fan, but comparing Tom " I like to deflate my balls so my receivers can handle them better" Brady to Derek Jeter is not fair to Jeter. Jeter is a way better athlete and leader with more class than Brady. Just my 2 cents.
God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason-so you can listen twice as much as you speak.
Molon Labe
mrlaufer
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals