When Silver Hits a Hundred

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: When Silver Hits a Hundred

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:06 am

Doug,
there are units available, I kid you not, in sea containers, where you add say, any kid of oilseed, do the run, with a daily output of 70 gallons of diesel fuel......25k a piece.

i'm SURE you know more than I about biodiesel, but in a situation, I would be more than happy to amply compensate a consultant...serious.

but you are right, I would do the sawmill and still first.....keep the county drunks happy.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby doug » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 am

Neil,

I know there the self contained units available. What I was pointing out is it takes more than just oil to make biodiesel. As dannan pointed out that lye and methanol are easy to get, but will they be easy to get during the collapse? Most methanol is made from natural gas today.

Plus you have waste to dispose of too. If you burn the oil straight then you use all of the oil with no waste or chemicals. Biodiesel starts to gel at around 40-50degrees F so if it is cold you will need line in line heaters to used 100% bio or just only operate during the summer.

Doug
doug
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:14 pm

doug wrote:Neil,

I know there the self contained units available. What I was pointing out is it takes more than just oil to make biodiesel. As dannan pointed out that lye and methanol are easy to get, but will they be easy to get during the collapse? Most methanol is made from natural gas today.

Plus you have waste to dispose of too. If you burn the oil straight then you use all of the oil with no waste or chemicals. Biodiesel starts to gel at around 40-50degrees F so if it is cold you will need line in line heaters to used 100% bio or just only operate during the summer.

Doug

roger that...thanks. have a sleek weekend
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:45 pm

doug wrote: As dannan pointed out that lye and methanol are easy to get, but will they be easy to get during the collapse? Most methanol is made from natural gas today.

Not to nitpick, but my larger point was that methanol and lye can both be made from wood. Which, of course, is abundant in most climates.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals