BULLION CONFISCATION?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: BULLION CONFISCATION?

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:00 pm

How would gun control stop someone like Loughner from just buying a gun on the street? It wouldn't. All it does it take freedom away from the 99.9999% of Americans who didn't shoot anyone.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby wiper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:54 pm

couple things...

--bullion confiscation won't happen because it isn't feasible and/or worth the effort for the government.

--not all guns are registered. ;)

--back on the bullion confiscation: how would they know where to go? i mean, the bulk of my buys (and i assume most peoples?) haven't been recorded, right?
wiper

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 pm

$100,000 fine (was $10,000 in 1933) and 10 years in prison. 20% reward in fiat $$$ for turning someone in.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Also, the government does a lot of things that aren't worth it. Amtrak and the Lincoln penny are two that come to mind.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:54 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:
With bozos like Loughner running around... you can't exactly fault the Fed's or anyone for wanting to put tougher restrictions on gun control!...

For every Loughner running around out there, there are hundreds of thousands of responsible gun owners whos rights shouldnt be trampled on.

Tighter restrictions/abolishment of guns leads to and unchecked government accountable to no one.

From the Declaration of the US... "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form,"

Do you think a government is going to roll over and play dead when it becomes destructive? Is it destructive now? Do we as the "people" have a right to abolish it and start over if it in fact has become destructive? The founders knew that governement would be accountable to those who are firearm owners. That is why they want to continue to errode our rights.

As far as bullion confiscation, I feel it could happen again. But not after as some have already said... The pillaging of your retirement accounts and pensions. This is real and its coming. They are just trying to figure out a way to convince the sheeple its the best thing for the country...the right thing to do. The fermenting of the next world war is happening right before our eyes in the middle east. Ultimately the US will be involved and this will be a easy sell to seize and take everything you have worked hard to save and produced.

They are already doing that in a more covert way. Inflation was already destroying savings before QE1 & QE2. Now it is wholesale destruction of your savings. The US Gov. is happy to inflate away all their troubles so long as it is done slowly.

AGCoinHunter... thanks for the post. Well said, well said.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals