Why We Feel So Poor?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Why We Feel So Poor?

Postby johnbrickner » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:10 pm

http://dollarcollapse.com/the-economy/w ... wo-charts/

I had to post this one for John Rubio's opening sentence: "Among the many things that mystify economists these days, the biggest might be the lingering perception, despite six years of ostensible recovery, that the average person is getting poorer rather than richer."

Economists are mystified and there is a lingering perception that the average person thinks or feel like they are getting poorer despite six years of recovery? Who so thinks this way is living in a bubble removed from the reality of those who are the backbone of America.

All you have to do is talk to the guys and gals in the trenches doing the everyday work that keeps the system going and you'll find the answer, as the majority of people I know are STILL living lives of quiet desperation.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Why We Feel So Poor?

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:59 am

johnbrickner wrote:http://dollarcollapse.com/the-economy/why-we-feel-so-poor-in-two-charts/

I had to post this one for John Rubio's opening sentence: "Among the many things that mystify economists these days, the biggest might be the lingering perception, despite six years of ostensible recovery, that the average person is getting poorer rather than richer."

Economists are mystified and there is a lingering perception that the average person thinks or feel like they are getting poorer despite six years of recovery? Who so thinks this way is living in a bubble removed from the reality of those who are the backbone of America.

All you have to do is talk to the guys and gals in the trenches doing the everyday work that keeps the system going and you'll find the answer, as the majority of people I know are STILL living lives of quiet desperation.

Great article Johnny!....I mean sad "great".......i'm gonna try and use LESS words than I do......in Sep 1945, we were left unscathed in the States, no bombed out cities, etc. We THEN became Empire, and the evil Truman formed the beginnings of what we see now. Ike TRIED to stem the tide, he would NOT allow the Mil-indus-complex to put us in deficit, and you saw what they did to JFK, and later RFK.

the "plan" has always been to turn us into slaves via debt....the meme thru commercials and ad's has always been "consume consume consume".....savers are penalized, and money now rules DC.......lobbyists, campaign contributions, etc.

on a spiritual level?....God have Mercy! I personally don't wish for a theocracy, or to elect a "Pastor-in-Chief", or have a national "church"....but sometimes it seems to me, our fellow citizens, from small to great have come unhinged and worship the "golden calf"...money.....or they idolize "stars"....or they seek refuge in hypersexualization...or the strength of their "arms" (weaponry, the military) to subjugate other nations for their resources....they worship every thing or human, BUT God. no humility, no Honor, no Love, and people innately feel that emptiness...or they feel they are all standing on the edge of a great cliff, looking down into the chasm we will fall...I don't feel God is very pleased with the USA right now, and his fury grows by the Day, until the Day of the Lord, which will NOT be "empty jeans" like that "Left Behind" nonsense.....That Day, the Day of the Lord, will be like no other....people will PLEAD for death, and will not find it. If you're a God fearing, well saved, Bible reading man...may I suggest reading the 15 prophets of the Old Testament, and every time you see the Words, Israel.....in your soul, put "USA" in there, and listen to what God the Holy Ghost speaks into your heart...remember my dear brother, "religion kills, Jesus saves", n
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:30 pm

How many employables are not working? About half the population? How many are on food stamps? How many are trying to get disability?

We are still in a depression, no matter what sort of lies the fedgov is trying to push.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby johnbrickner » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:00 pm

neilgin1 wrote: . . . on a spiritual level?....God have Mercy! I personally don't wish for a theocracy, or to elect a "Pastor-in-Chief", or have a national "church"....but sometimes it seems to me, our fellow citizens, from small to great have come unhinged . . . n

Wait until the next presidential election. I think we will see a political party pull out all the stops and combine (in the biggest way we have yet to see) the belief systems of religion, nationalism, and political philosophy into a single candidate with all the media propaganda required to attempt to make it to the white house.

Thus making the quote "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" attributed to Sinclair Lewis, come true. We'll see.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm confused John only in that you seem to be suggesting that hasn't already happened. It's pretty clear that that actually has already happened. The only question in my mind is which excuse will be next used to further enslave the formerly free. It's death by a thousand cuts, and even those of us that are aware of where we have been and what we used to have have to remind ourselves of the freedoms we used to take for granted and have now lost. We've lost so many more freedoms that we haven't even realized, because while the deed has been done the actual act of tightening the screw is awaiting an excuse to take the action. Ugh - it's depressing, and I can say that the only thing that keeps my spirits up is my firm conviction (not just belief) that the One and Only Creator God of the Universe exists and He is in control of all - especially the end. He doesn't promise us an easy path, just Peace along the way and a firm landing.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:01 am

We are all free, until they do not let us leave.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:38 am

IdahoCopper wrote:We are all free, until they do not let us leave.

Maybe............the day THEY decide that we "cant leave", we will have nothing to lose then, and That Day, they will rue the wrath of a new breed of a patriot like millions of Nathan Hales.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:52 am

johnbrickner wrote:
Wait until the next presidential election. I think we will see a political party pull out all the stops and combine (in the biggest way we have yet to see) the belief systems of religion, nationalism, and political philosophy into a single candidate with all the media propaganda required to attempt to make it to the white house.

Thus making the quote "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross" attributed to Sinclair Lewis, come true. We'll see.

I KNOW that Day is coming, whether in my lifetime or not?...God knows.....but its coming....how can anybody NOT see the all the signs?....but where the rubber meets the road, is what do we DO with that foreknowledge? Teach your children WELL.

am I preaching violent revolution?....absolutely not, a statement I make pragmatically. all I say is Teach your children well.

nuff said.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions