This week I have had the best day of my life twice!!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

This week I have had the best day of my life twice!!

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm

It all started out on Monday when I hit a personal record of 106 40% and 21 90% Half dollars for the day. Up until today that was the richest day I have ever had for scoring silver coins. Today, I scored some CWR and had almost 4 solid silver rolls. I had 3 solid 90% rolls followed by a roll that had 12 90%, 4 40% and 4 clad halves. The total from the 4 rolls was 72 1964 Kennedy's and 4 1966 Kennedy's. I finished the day off with 6 more 90% and 14 more 40% for a total of 78 90% Kennedy Halves and 18 40% Kennedy Halves. I am still almost speechless. I can't believe "IT" finally happened to me! The elusive solid 90% rolls. They are out there everyone just keep hunting. You will find yours as well.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Re: This week I have had the best day of my life twice!!

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

Congrats!!! Great Find! :P
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby tbram88 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Wow man that is incredible, what an awesome week.

I was just about to give up on halves.

Congrats...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Bully!

Drinks on jtlee321!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Pennybug » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:11 pm

:x .... oh yeah... well... I went to a Wood Forest today and bought $60 in halves. I started searching and noticed... DANG!... these were the same rolls that I had just dumped at Wach a few weeks ago!...they had my mark on them. HA! yeah... lucky me. :lol:

Seriously... that's real cool. Just an FYI on that... I talked to a teller today who told me she's been seeing silver come through and in fact got a bunch of silver certificates recently. She said its because people are hard up for cash and are using their old money. That will help us all out huh!... it obviously helped you out! :D
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm

The 'all knowing' eldery old lady just cashed in her stupid, good for nothing, dead husband's hoard.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby tebam11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:30 pm

jt, you just having the bank order you boxes???
tebam11

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:43 am

Very nice score. Now... hold onto them until silver explodes. :mrgreen: What part of the country are you picking up these bargains in?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby jtlee321 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:10 am

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. I still can't believe the week Ive had.

Yes I do order boxes of halves. But I also go around to all the banks that I can and ask for halves.

I will be holding onto these babies for a looong time.. I have waited too long to make a find like this just to go and sell them at a coin shop or something right away. I am on the West Coast up in the Pacific NW.

I think it was someones hoard that got cashed in. My only question is are they waiting to cash in all the Walkers and Franklin's? It was just weird that they were all 1964 Kennedy's. I will be checking back in with that bank each week for some time to come.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Heartkill » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:31 am

Amazing score, congrats!

After getting a solid roll of Walkers/Franklins last week I too am conviced people are hard up for "paper" and are dusting these babies off and out of storage.
Heartkill
Penny Collector Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 am

You've gotta be kidding me. Great score, congrats!
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:12 am

Graet find, you are right, they are out there. I had my in Nov. 09, but not much since then.
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jtlee321 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:27 pm

One of my first thoughts that entered my mind when I saw the silver sliding out of the roll was Why? Why would someone have taken this in just to get $10.00? Did it not seem strange at all that these sound and look different? Maybe they are worth more than $0.50 each. I felt a little guilty, but that wore off in about 5 seconds. LOL
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:56 pm

With luck like you just had it should be enough to keep you going during the next year's worth of skunks that is sure to follow.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rosco » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Great Job, Good luck in future :)

I'm jealous as my best score was 4 Franklin an 6 67 Kennedy ;)

I'm asking for 50 cents when I get to bank not much in Jan an Feb so far, I will keep asking on the off chance ;)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals