Silver is going nuts!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver is going nuts!

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:10 am

It looks to be a wild day today....new all time (recent) highs on the horizon.

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: Silver is going nuts!

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 am

Never thought I'd be rooting for silver to fall, but my check from APMEX still isn't here and deposited... meaning the Golden State Mint one ounce rounds I hoped to order with the proceeds are becoming just that much more expensive by the day. What I could have ordered for $29 a week ago will now cost $31.50. Image This price jump has caused me to lose 25 ounces!
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby oktyabyr » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:18 am

Same thing here. Just wish my check would get here from Kitco, so I can buy. Have to wonder if they hold em for just this reason?
oktyabyr
Penny Collector Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:21 am

beauanderos wrote:Never thought I'd be rooting for silver to fall, but my check from APMEX still isn't here and deposited... meaning the Golden State Mint one ounce rounds I hoped to order with the proceeds are becoming just that much more expensive by the day. What I could have ordered for $29 a week ago will now cost $31.50. Image This price jump has caused me to lose 25 ounces!

yeah Ray I feel your pain. I had my eye on a large purchase from Monarch while Ag was hanging in the $28 range......now I can't bring myself to buy much of anything.

It may be time to hit up the local antique shops instead. Not the shinny Ag we like but a cheap sub nontheless.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:24 am

We will get another pullback under $30 I believe in the near future.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:25 am

Sorry about APMEX. It's good to have a stash of fiat around when you're doing swaps. The fiat stash can be replenished later when the proceeds come in from the sale. Sometimes the usefullness of CASH is overlooked and we all get too low on our CASH.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 am

Country wrote:Sorry about APMEX. It's good to have a stash of fiat around when you're doing swaps. The fiat stash can be replenished later when the proceeds come in from the sale. Sometimes the usefullness of CASH is overlooked and we all get too low on our CASH.

I abhor cash. I stay 100% invested in PM's, as nearly as possible. Fiat is worthless and one of these days that hen is gonna come home to roost. I use credit on the same basis as you suggest using cash. Buy bargains, slam them on plastic for a few days, pay off the debt when the check comes in. Luckily, I was able to buy some junk from forum members at reasonable prices, but still... I covet those shiny rounds. Country... your quarter is enroute.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:41 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:We will get another pullback under $30 I believe in the near future.

I think silver is headed up, up, and away, dagnabbit. I think the only reason it might fall now is based on shenanigans Image, not fundamentals. For the time being I'm reduced to watching for the next JPMorgan induced sell-off which, studying the charts, seems to occur between 0700 and 0730 on the days they implement the maneuver.
beauanderos

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 am

beauanderos wrote:
AGCoinHunter wrote:We will get another pullback under $30 I believe in the near future.

I think silver is headed up, up, and away, dagnabbit. I think the only reason it might fall now is based on shenanigans Image, not fundamentals. For the time being I'm reduced to watching for the next JPMorgan induced sell-off which, studying the charts, seems to occur between 0700 and 0730 on the days they implement the maneuver.

Speaking of Mr. Morgan...did everyone see this! :shock:
JP Morgan Accepts Gold Bullion as Collateral – Silver Backwardation to Lead to Short Squeeze?
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1297087200.php

I bet they accept gold and silver bullion :roll:
Copper Catcher

Postby Copper Catcher » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:20 am

Warning.....Silver Is Going Nuts!
Copper Catcher

Postby RickS » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:43 am

I think I sparked this by moving some items. You're welcome. :)
RickS
Penny Sorter Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:54 am

Copper Catcher wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

Speaking of Mr. Morgan...did everyone see this! :shock:
JP Morgan Accepts Gold Bullion as Collateral – Silver Backwardation to Lead to Short Squeeze?
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1297087200.php

I bet they accept gold and silver bullion :roll:

Interesting. Yes, the pullback under $30 I see will be out of manupliation. Interesting to see the amount of 2011 ASE's the mint sold in January. Was a record amount.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:18 am

The price will pull back during the last week of the month. That's when the price is usually manipulated.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:40 am

CC. :lol:
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 am

Rodebaugh wrote:CC. :lol:

I suppose that's better than the alternative
beauanderos

Postby Beau » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

it looks like the dollar has collapsed.

the whole stock market and all metals are in the red.

did someone sell red ink?

first time I have seen this....
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:29 pm

China raised interest rates. Longs will fear that will slow the need for commodity metals.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Country » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:31 pm

68Camaro wrote:China raised interest rates. Longs will fear that will slow the need for commodity metals.

Because of INFLATIONARY pressures. INFLATION is good for PMs. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby whatsnext » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Country wrote:
68Camaro wrote:China raised interest rates. Longs will fear that will slow the need for commodity metals.

China shound not need PMs b/c they have a currency thats buying power can only go up.

We are chinas servants b/c we owe them money(who you owe to is who you serve)
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Country wrote:

I wouldn't say Inflation is "good" for PMs. PMs are money, in the most real sense. They fundamentally keep pace with inflation; they don't do well at beating inflation.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Country » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:55 pm

whatsnext wrote:
Country wrote:

China shound not need PMs b/c they have a currency thats buying power can only go up.

We are chinas servants b/c we owe them money(who you owe to is who you serve)

The Chinese distrust their government more than we do. Storing wealth in PMs, as a hedge for inflation, is a tradition for the Chinese businessman who can now (recently) acquire them. Given a more prosperous China, demand for PMs will increase as not only their sovereign government is buying strategic metals (SILVER, COPPER, etc.), the general public is stepping up their purchases of GOLD and SILVER too. Based on the past history of their nation, it is naturally done; a much different approach than here in the USA as to how one protects wealth.
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby whatsnext » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:12 pm

The Chinese distrust their government more than we do. Storing wealth in PMs, as a hedge for inflation, is a tradition for the Chinese businessman who can now (recently) acquire them. Given a more prosperous China, demand for PMs will increase as not only their sovereign government is buying strategic metals (SILVER, COPPER, etc.), the general public is stepping up their purchases of GOLD and SILVER too. Based on the past history of their nation, it is naturally done; a much different approach than here in the USA as to how one protects wealth.[/quote]

That might be true but still they are just getting into being yuppies. They have a growing middleclass, ours is shrinking. They have jobs to walk away from, our old jobs.
China is not in our pattern

Maybe I'm wronge but from what I hear its their game. Inflation is hitting them with the spike in resources, so owning silver is just as benifical for them as us.

But their buying power should increase sooner or later which is good for fiat. Fiat moves and has benifits presently.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:00 am

$31 toady? you can hold your breath on this bet.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby TXBullion » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 am

Great, with this uptick in price, I wont feel like such a fool for the 33$ maple I bought a few days ago. Rise silver, rise, then please come down when I get some money to buy you again!
TXBullion

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals