Silver FOUND in Mexican coins

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver FOUND in Mexican coins

Postby wolvesdad » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 pm

This is a follow-up to a topic discussed/posted 6 months or more ago.

I live in a border town and so when I learned that there are circulating mexican coins that have silver, I got very interested.
I tried searching, but with no luck. The coins were hard to come by in quantity.

Then I tried again 3 days ago. Bought a total of 300+ of the 10 Peso bi-metallic coins.
And found 2 that were the silver bearing kind.
Both were 1994. Total of nearly 1/3 ounce of silver.

Fun, and I can say I did it. But too much time and work. Will be a while before I do it again.....unless the opportunity just presents itself.

(uthminsta.... in what category was this topic before? If better suited I can have the Mods move it)
wolvesdad
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver FOUND in Mexican coins

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:41 am

Hmmm. Would it be worth going across the border into Mexico and just picking them up in circulating change?

I work with lots of Hispanics. Maybe they could get them shipped north for me.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Silver FOUND in Mexican coins

Postby uthminsta » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:59 pm

I can't find the old thread anywhere. I've looked at all the threads wolvesdad started on the old site, and every post he's made on the new site. Any mods/admins have a better way to search it out?
uthminsta
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals