Trump

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Re: Why Nate thinks Trump is Trump & should NOT be President

Postby frugi » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:56 am

Treetop wrote:I wonder how accurate the Isidewith questioning could be. All three candidates (meaning trump, clinton and johnson not sure with the others) have discrepancies with their recent stances versus their records. It didnt really cover the major core platforms of most of the candidates either.

I took that questionnaire 4 years ago......They are exactly the same questions/answers as before.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Betting lines in the UK still have Trump @ +165. I wish I could throw 100 bucks at that.

http://www.politicalbettingodds.com/201 ... -odds.html
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby hobo finds » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:27 am

Everybody sucks 2016 bumper sticker and yard signs here :lol: :thumbup: http://16sucks.com/
hobo finds

Postby Treetop » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:42 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/09 ... ction.html

title of the article is... "Email shows federal immigration bosses in OT push to swear in new citizens 'due to election' "
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:45 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq3x71i1jF8

Apparently the 73% stat comes from Isidewith, which I still think was a weak questionaire but gary johnson says he used that site to come to the conclusion he agrees with Sanders 73% of the time.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby daviscfad » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Well folks apparently we have had it all wrong.. Obama says a vot for third party is a vote for trump.. so keep the third party votes coming. Lol
Spencer Davis

Learning, Turning, & Earning

inquiring minds want to know!

Old Feedback Thread
daviscfad
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:02 pm

That makes 3rd party voters deplorable. Since Hillary said Trump supporters are deplorable and a third party voter is a vote for Trump, that makes anyone who doesn't vote for Hillary deplorable
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby scyther » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Anyone still think Trump will win?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:39 pm

I think he will win.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1512888508 ... emperament

This is a classic case of - the lesser of two evils.

I would vote for Satan before I would vote for Hillary.

(No, I did not run for president. But I did run for Congress in 2008.)
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:45 am

Yep, I still think Trump will win.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 am

Kinda seems like wikileaks might have been bought off or something. He had announced a major document dump months ago, which ended up being cancelled. Then went around to various news sources and insisted she could be indicted over it, and that the info was devastating and not covered elsewhere and that it could shift the election. Then announced a new date to release these document which was tonight, and also the 10th anniversary of wikileaks. Instead a bunch of people rambled on for awhile then julian came on and said he would never release such important info at 3am US time. Now he is saying he will release it before the end of the year. So potentially after the election. It was as far back as june he had said he had info to indict hillary.

Whatever the heck he was doing I expect wikileaks just lost alot of respect. Drug people along for months waiting for the documents he claims to have, then cancelled a press conference, announced a new one then didnt release anything as he promised. Really not making sense coming from a group that portrays itself as standing for truth. Why bother even telling people he was about to release whatever he has or pretends to have? I guess he either got bought out or just lied? How could you claim to stand for truth then hold back info that could put someone running for the most powerful office on earth in prison until after she is potentially the president? Very weird either way. The dude has rocks in his head if he thinks he can trust anything related to hillary if he was given a deal to not release the info.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:28 am

There are two ways to buy someone off. Give them money or death threats. With Clinton's history, you can bet it was the latter.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby slickeast » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:17 am

Why even say you have information. Just release it when you feel the time is right. I never understood when i worked as a grocery manager why the district manager would let stores know well in advance when they were coming. If i was the DM i would just walk in unannounced and really see what was going on. Anytime you show your cards your leverage switches over to the other party
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Thogey » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:25 am

I keep playing with these maps and Trump is hanging by a very thin thread if the polls hold and are right.

Mentally prepare for Hillary. The retarded of California have infected the entire southwest. All of it could go to Hillary. It's all about florida and pennsylvania .
I'll tell you this No matter who gets elected we will have to witness this barf worthy event, Obama will issue a General Pardon to Hillary.

This is a pretty cool map to play with
http://www.270towin.com/
Last edited by Thogey on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby hobo finds » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

How about a 269 to 269 tie? :shock:
hobo finds

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:37 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:There are two ways to buy someone off. Give them money or death threats. With Clinton's history, you can bet it was the latter.

+1

and the fact that JA always announces from the same balcony makes him an easy target if someone so desires
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:38 pm

https://www.cnet.com/news/assange-10-ye ... ks-berlin/

Assange promised new information every week for the next 10 weeks, related to Google, military operations, arms trading and mass surveillance. He also promised that all documents related to the US presidential election would be published before the vote on November 8.

Hmmm maybe wikileaks will come through afterall? I watched the release last night and I didnt catch him saying the hillary related items would be out before the election, but admittedly I had a weak connection that faded out a few times for a minute or two in the middle of it. It was a live feed and my satellite doent usually handle that well.

As for what thogey said about california infecting the SW, the southern border is the bigger issue. Even texas isnt to far from flipping blue if current trends persist another few cycles. I forget the numbers/dates on that but their demographics are shifting pretty fast. If that happens, republicans or libertarians for that matter will not be getting anywhere nationally until their platform has shifted heavily. Free stuff and globalism for all!! Big brother can do your thinking for you!! Lets meet the third world in the middle because it is "fair"!! Most ignore how far glibalism has already brought us down, because not only is quality of life stagnant for decades but we are heavily inflating ourselves in ways that cannot be sustained. We are much closer to meeting the third world in the middle then it appears at first glance.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:40 pm

aloneibreak wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:There are two ways to buy someone off. Give them money or death threats. With Clinton's history, you can bet it was the latter.

+1

and the fact that JA always announces from the same balcony makes him an easy target if someone so desires

He didnt use the balcony the last night, he used a poor skype connection.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Treetop wrote:
aloneibreak wrote:

+1

He didnt use the balcony the last night, he used a poor skype connection.

exactly ;)

he's still got something
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:16 am

If even Thogey is having doubts, I think Trump really is screwed. I think the only hope is another Clinton health problem. I was really hoping she would have a coughing episode in the debate, but no luck... maybe next time.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:09 am

Certainly wouldnt say Trump is screwed. It is only recently that he was polling well enough that he had a chance to win the electoral college based on polling. When you couple with that, the historical consistency for a party that had 8 years as president loosing 2-4 points it is even more promising. Meaning since the democrats just had 8 years with a president history would suggest no matter what polling shows that the difference between polls and a real election would shift 2-4 points towards the republicans. Also no one is even sure if Trump supporters are accurately captured in polling, a considerable portion of them either havent voted before or rarely have.

Some lefty friends I have that also follow polls like I do were laughing at trumps chances all the way up until the last few weeks, since then they are horrified. It seems to be shaping up as I expected myself. Guess we will see in a few weeks. Most of the time I have thought Trump would win, he had no path to victory based on the polling of individual states. He does now though.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:32 pm

scyther wrote: I was really hoping she would have a coughing episode in the debate, but no luck... maybe next time.

If she does have a coughing episode in the next debate, the precedence has been set so she can just blame the microphone.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Doctor Steuss wrote:
scyther wrote: I was really hoping she would have a coughing episode in the debate, but no luck... maybe next time.

If she does have a coughing episode in the next debate, the precedence has been set so she can just blame the microphone.

This microphone thing is weird. If you arent aware, it has been acknowledged by the commission on presidential debates Trumps microphone WAS messed up, those at the debate couldnt hear him most of the time as he had said. Most of the media ignored this and pretended Trump blamed it for "loosing" when he thinks he won.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Treetop wrote:
Doctor Steuss wrote:

This microphone thing is weird. If you arent aware, it has been acknowledged by the commission on presidential debates Trumps microphone WAS messed up, those at the debate couldnt hear him most of the time as he had said. Most of the media ignored this and pretended Trump blamed it for "loosing" when he thinks he won.

The microphones were Made in Mexico :lol:
hobo finds

Postby Doctor Steuss » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Treetop wrote: This microphone thing is weird. If you arent aware, it has been acknowledged by the commission on presidential debates Trumps microphone WAS messed up, those at the debate couldnt hear him most of the time as he had said. Most of the media ignored this and pretended Trump blamed it for "loosing" when he thinks he won.

Sorry for the confusion. I wasn't referring to the screwed up podium microphone that fed the PA in the auditorium. I was joking about his blaming his ("imaginary") sniffle on the broadcast lavalier.
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions