What's Your Excuse?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: What's Your Excuse?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:58 pm

ScottyTX wrote:I am still way out performing silver in other areas to firmly place my holdings all back into silver! Will it bite me? seems very unlikely at the time being!

Scott

I hope you don't mind my asking... what is way out performing silver right now?
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:
ScottyTX wrote:I am still way out performing silver in other areas to firmly place my holdings all back into silver! Will it bite me? seems very unlikely at the time being!

Scott

I hope you don't mind my asking... what is way out performing silver right now?

Great minds think alike, haha. So give, Scotty. Maybe he means he makes more by picking up silver lots at wholesale and then retailing them? :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby ScottyTX » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:56 am

Humm, Ray has hit it slightly on the head, that accounts for about 20% of my investments. But its work, mind you not really an investment. I work a week on week off and have the time to drive around and wheel and deal. I am constantly tunring over silver on bullion direct and such. Now with all of this said when I can no longer match and exceed it no doubt I will be all in on precious metals. I been making a killing on my Company stock as of lately, 168% return on my last sale. I fully plan on using this to buy all in when the time is right. Anyways, I'm looking for it to any day bite me in the ass, but with the amount of work Halliburton, and other companies are picking up here lately I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet..........The oil and gas plays are taking off like lightning and prices are going up and up...So is inflation so I don't know what will happen. I guess we can all start riding our bicycles to work and I can print copies of my worthless Halliburton stock to use as firestarter?? Anyways, long story just to say why I'm not all in on silver currently.....
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:36 am

Use the environment you're in, and the circumstances you know. If you're in that position, go for it. Key thing is knowing when to exit, and where to go next.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:48 am

ScottyTX wrote:Humm, Ray has hit it slightly on the head, that accounts for about 20% of my investments. But its work, mind you not really an investment. I work a week on week off and have the time to drive around and wheel and deal. I am constantly tunring over silver on bullion direct and such. Now with all of this said when I can no longer match and exceed it no doubt I will be all in on precious metals. I been making a killing on my Company stock as of lately, 168% return on my last sale. I fully plan on using this to buy all in when the time is right. Anyways, I'm looking for it to any day bite me in the ass, but with the amount of work Halliburton, and other companies are picking up here lately I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet..........The oil and gas plays are taking off like lightning and prices are going up and up...So is inflation so I don't know what will happen. I guess we can all start riding our bicycles to work and I can print copies of my worthless Halliburton stock to use as firestarter?? Anyways, long story just to say why I'm not all in on silver currently.....

My most recent buy inside my 401k was 396 shares of UCO at $10.50, the oil seasonality charts show this period as a low which rises clear into summer, keeping fingers crossed. Next will be DAG.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:13 am

ScottyTX wrote:Humm, Ray has hit it slightly on the head, that accounts for about 20% of my investments. But its work, mind you not really an investment. I work a week on week off and have the time to drive around and wheel and deal. I am constantly tunring over silver on bullion direct and such. Now with all of this said when I can no longer match and exceed it no doubt I will be all in on precious metals. I been making a killing on my Company stock as of lately, 168% return on my last sale. I fully plan on using this to buy all in when the time is right. Anyways, I'm looking for it to any day bite me in the ass, but with the amount of work Halliburton, and other companies are picking up here lately I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet..........The oil and gas plays are taking off like lightning and prices are going up and up...So is inflation so I don't know what will happen. I guess we can all start riding our bicycles to work and I can print copies of my worthless Halliburton stock to use as firestarter?? Anyways, long story just to say why I'm not all in on silver currently.....

Thanks, Scott!

Since I don't know when, or even if, stocks will crash... I don't own any.

Obama's new proposed repeal of tax breaks for nat. gas and oil may drive companies to abandon their marginal wells. When that happens, there may be room for me to obtain my own wells.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals