Silver to the MOON

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver to the MOON

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

beauanderos wrote:
Market Harmony wrote:...Premiums on Maples and Eagles are dropping while Philharmonics are already ramping up in anticipation. I'm selling 4 of them now for $99,999 each if anyone needs three or four to prep. [/sarc]

If you'll enclose them in cardboard flips I might consider it 8-)

I only have 2 flips left and TXBullion bought 1 of the other Phils... Do you want all remaining 3 coins, or just the 2 that I can put into cardboard? Silver price is up, but I'll keep the price where it is. LMK

Prepare for the eclipse... get your Euro-AG, Belgium Beer Bottles ($14.95 each), Aluminum hats ($49.95, with $5 optional propeller), and lots and lots and lots of dri-slide
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:53 pm

Market Harmony wrote:
beauanderos wrote:
Market Harmony wrote:...Premiums on Maples and Eagles are dropping while Philharmonics are already ramping up in anticipation. I'm selling 4 of them now for $99,999 each if anyone needs three or four to prep. [/sarc]

If you'll enclose them in cardboard flips I might consider it 8-)

I only have 2 flips left and TXBullion bought 1 of the other Phils... Do you want all remaining 3 coins, or just the 2 that I can put into cardboard? Silver price is up, but I'll keep the price where it is. LMK

Prepare for the eclipse... get your Euro-AG, Belgium Beer Bottles ($14.95 each), Aluminum hats ($49.95, with $5 optional propeller), and lots and lots and lots of dri-slide

Have several Belgian beer bottles saved, Chimay, Duval, etc. Hopefully they'll be worth something after the eclipse. Or willing to trade them for one of the aluminum hats with propeller. Let me know.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby exbingoaddict » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Market Harmony wrote:Prepare for the eclipse... get your Euro-AG, Belgium Beer Bottles ($14.95 each), Aluminum hats ($49.95, with $5 optional propeller), and lots and lots and lots of dri-slide

Don't forget the ham radio!
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby Devil Soundwave » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 pm

exbingoaddict wrote:
Devil Soundwave wrote:What on Earth are you on about? :roll:

It's humor. Try sometime. On second thought. Don't try it at home.

Apologies, seems I missed the joke. Guess it didn't translate across the pond very well! I thought you where just mad. :)
Scotsman in residence...

The bankers rubbed their palms together, and the economy went up in flames.

"If the government is big enough to give you everything you want, it is big enough to take away everything you have." Gerald Ford.
Devil Soundwave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote: ...I thought you were just mad. :)

XBA is mad alright... mad about silver... knows mad facts... plays Madden football... and shakes a clenched fist at the Atlantic Ocean :roll:
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote:
exbingoaddict wrote:
Devil Soundwave wrote:What on Earth are you on about? :roll:

It's humor. Try sometime. On second thought. Don't try it at home.

Apologies, seems I missed the joke. Guess it didn't translate across the pond very well! I thought you where just mad. :)

Don't feel bad. I'm not sure what they are talking about either.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby exbingoaddict » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

Devil Soundwave wrote: Apologies, seems I missed the joke. Guess it didn't translate across the pond very well! I thought you where just mad. :)

:lol: No problem. Two countries separated by a common language.
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby exbingoaddict » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:26 am

Market Harmony wrote: XBA is mad alright... mad about silver... knows mad facts... plays Madden football... and shakes a clenched fist at the Atlantic Ocean :roll:

You left out watching Mad Men. And also, I've made peace with the Atlantic. The pacific ocean is a whole other story. Largest ocean... who does it think it is. :x
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

Admins, can we rename this thread "Miscellaneous Ramblings" so that way we know what we're getting into when we click on it? :lol:
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Take a silver half dollar of the non-collectible variety and intentionally drop it on a hard surface. Even the nay-sayers of silver can't resist that sound. Once they hear it, there's no turning back. Got to have more and more. My thoughts on silver pricing is that it'll orbit the moon for awhile in the current range and then the afterburners kick in for the trip to Jupiter. Every silver bug in the land will have their day...and it'll be good. Nothing you'd want to shout from the nearest mountain peak, but that inward smile of financial contentment and a big "HA" that we were right all along.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Market Harmony » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:51 pm

$34 SILVER!!!!

1 more dollar closer to the moon

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:23 pm

My prediction is 1/15.

by that I mean, 15 oz silver to 1 oz gold.

by the time it reaches that point, we will have stopped pricing things in paper.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:My prediction is 1/15.

by that I mean, 15 oz silver to 1 oz gold.

by the time it reaches that point, we will have stopped pricing things in paper.

Sounds good to me and, actually, I'd be happy with that... but I really think within three years we'll see parity. But that will require widespread recognition that silver, by that point, has virtually vanished. The news has only reached a few people, and fewer still who believe it and take action to buy what they can while the opportunity still exists. Don't be left behind. Because others will be right behind you. And if you put all those behinds together, you'll have a herd of asses before you know it. :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

am not sold on parity and will probably convert the last of it at 1/20th. I do understand the point about relative abundance above ground but there is 17.5x more of it in the earth. i do understand that the GSR will overshoot the mean as well, that silver is consumed and gold is not, etc.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Lemon Thrower wrote:am not sold on parity and will probably convert the last of it at 1/20th. I do understand the point about relative abundance above ground but there is 17.5x more of it in the earth. i do understand that the GSR will overshoot the mean as well, that silver is consumed and gold is not, etc.

In ground resources aren't that salient to the argument... there is an increasing disparity between demand and supply. New mine output is not increasing as quickly as demand and may, in fact, have hit a plateau. According to various sources silver is the first element that will be depleted within the Earth's crust, purportedly within nine years. As a form of safe haven to preserve purchasing power, physical silver bullion has only 1/5 or less the amount available to investors as does gold.
We're both reading the same book, and Silver is a great story... I just think that there's room for a sequel, beyond the point that you're ready to stop reading. ;)
beauanderos

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:34 am

I bet the moon is silver... who cares about what's on Earth when your path takes you to the moon :D

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 am

ray, well said. I'm just much less sure of silver past 1/20 than I am before. Few central banks hold silver. the relative scarcity of silver ironically makes it function less well as money and makes it less likely to move past 1/15. it may happen, but its by no means a sure thing. the best argument is that the GSR will overshoot the mean.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:58 am

I know of a proven, good producing silver mine in central Idaho...its for sale, asking price $1.8 million for about 100 patented acres. If any heavy hitters are interested, PM me, I'll send the geological report.

Someone could start working it again soon; or buy it and hold it until silver prices are really high, and sell then it for a gianormous profit.

And, no, it is not one of my 3 new claims....I'm keeping those.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 am

Lemon Thrower wrote:ray, well said. I'm just much less sure of silver past 1/20 than I am before. Few central banks hold silver. the relative scarcity of silver ironically makes it function less well as money and makes it less likely to move past 1/15. it may happen, but its by no means a sure thing. the best argument is that the GSR will overshoot the mean.

Not arguing the point, but the Central Bank of China is now officially stockpiling silver and platinum in addition to gold according to sources cited on zero hedge. It wouldn't surprise me if Putin instructs the Russians to do the same, and I'm confident the House of Saud is thinking along the same lines. BTW, the Saudi oil fields are in decline... they're now directing 130 billion into alternative energy derived from shale gas formations. :shock:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:05 am

IdahoCopper wrote:I know of a proven, good producing silver mine in central Idaho...its for sale, asking price $1.8 million for about 100 patented acres. If any heavy hitters are interested, PM me, I'll send the geological report.

Someone could start working it again soon; or buy it and hold it until silver prices are really high, and sell then it for a gianormous profit.

And, no, it is not one of my 3 new claims....I'm keeping those.

Group buy? Image
beauanderos

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:09 am

I would not be surprised if the seller would accept bullion for the mine... I can ask.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby exbingoaddict » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 am

Jackie Gleason predicted this silver run years ago in "The Honeymooners". And here the viewing public thought it was a wife beating gag.

"One of these days Alice, to the moon!"
exbingoaddict
Penny Collector Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

LOL! Back in the early 2000s, I was involved with a company ( http://www.transorbital.net ). We were working to put a video camera in orbit around the moon as a commercial venture.

I wanted to name the spacecraft, Alice, but it was named Trailblazer instead. We were unable to raise the needed $10 million, so it didn't fly.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:35 pm

Duck, the moon is in your way

Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:28 am

Market Harmony wrote:Duck, the moon is in your way

That's priceless. This really does have to be the best online community I have ever joined.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals