You don't hold it, you DON'T OWN IT...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

You don't hold it, you DON'T OWN IT...

Postby Cu Penny Hoarder » Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:05 am

Oxford Gold Group on Wilshire Blvd.

https://abc7.com/post/oxford-gold-group-more-complaints-emerge-beverly-hills-firm-promised-invest-retirement-funds-precious-metals/15161198/

I looked up the people who worked there. All very young smooth talkers with marketing degrees, no investment experience at all. SCAMMERS.

People who got scammed will never get their money back.
Time is precious, stop wasting it.
Cu Penny Hoarder
Post Hoarder

Re: You don't hold it, you DON'T OWN IT...

Postby Silver4face » Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:23 pm

Cu Penny Hoarder wrote:Oxford Gold Group on Wilshire Blvd.

https://abc7.com/post/oxford-gold-group-more-complaints-emerge-beverly-hills-firm-promised-invest-retirement-funds-precious-metals/15161198/

I looked up the people who worked there. All very young smooth talkers with marketing degrees, no investment experience at all. SCAMMERS.

People who got scammed will never get their money back.

I read most of the article, and I totally agree with your viewpoint. Buying Gold is like buying milk: you don't buy it online or over the phone!!!! You don't use a mysterious depositoty!!!! You go to the fu***ING store or LCS and purchase in person.

I am trying to have some sympathy for the victims, but it's difficult because they did it to themselves. These decisions are a complete lack of common sense, especially in today's [shucks] show world where the percentage and volume of crooked people is at an all time high
Buy rolls NOW while you still can!
Silver4face
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Recyclersteve » Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:26 am

I don’t feel that sorry for someone gullible enough to give others gold to store. And I speak as someone who had about $186k in coins stolen from a storage locker in 2019.

Also, one company that could potentially benefit from this is A-Mark Precious Metals, as their company is publicly traded under the symbol AMRK. I’ve traded it many times over the past several years and made pretty good $. You do have to be patient, however, as it will do nothing for, say, 6-9 months or so before making a move back up.
Former stock broker w/ ~20 yrs. at one company. Spoke with 100k+ people and traded a lot (long, short, options, margin, extended hours, etc.).

NOTE: ANY stocks I discuss, no matter how compelling, carry risk- often
substantial. If not prepared to buy it multiple times in modest amounts without going overboard (assuming nothing really wrong with the company), you need to learn more about the market and managing risk. Also, please research covered calls (options) and selling short as well.
Recyclersteve
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby galenrog » Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:39 pm

I watched the accompanying video. That guy has “mark” written all over him. Absolutely all of the red flags from Oxford Gold just brought this idiot deeper into the trap.

We all know the saying “Old enough to know better. Too young to care”, This guy was old enough that know better and too stupid to care.

Since it is California, let me finish with this. Anyone who has not yet escaped the asylum formerly known as California is too late.

Time for more coffee.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Mon Aug 19, 2024 8:26 am

galenrog wrote:I watched the accompanying video. That guy has “mark” written all over him. Absolutely all of the red flags from Oxford Gold just brought this idiot deeper into the trap.

We all know the saying “Old enough to know better. Too young to care”, This guy was old enough that know better and too stupid to care.

Since it is California, let me finish with this. Anyone who has not yet escaped the asylum formerly known as California is too late.

And they allow people like him to vote and procreate.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby thecrazyone » Mon Aug 19, 2024 9:42 am

Too many ppl want the fast path to wealth. They always end up paying the price :(
Author: Bring CHANGE Into Your Life (A Truly Easy Investment Tool)
https://www.amazon.com/Bring-CHANGE-Int ... 1077276869
thecrazyone
Post Hoarder

Postby galenrog » Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:13 am

thecrazyone wrote:Too many ppl want the fast path to wealth. They always end up paying the price :(

Right you are. For nearly all people, the path to wealth takes time and effort.

Time for more coffee.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals