I got a feeling inflation will kick off in ernest this summe

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

I got a feeling inflation will kick off in ernest this summe

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 am

This article says that sudden rise in a needed commodity ...aka oil....will kick off hyperinflation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-hyperinflation-will-happen-in-america-2010-9?op=1
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Re: I got a feeling inflation will kick off in ernest this s

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:52 am

here some quotes from article-

"The first thing to realize, of course, is that hyperinflation might well happen—but it will end. It won’t be a never-ending situation—America won’t end up like in some post-Apocalyptic, Mad Max: Beyond Thuderdome industrial wasteland/playground. Admittedly, that would be cool, but it’s not gonna happen—that’s just survivalist daydreams.

Like Rothschild said, “Buy when there’s blood on the streets.” The thing to do to prepare for hyperinflation would be to[b] invest in a diversified hard-metal basket before the event—no equities, no ETF’s, no derivatives.
If and when hyperinflation happens, and things get bad (and I mean really bad), take that hard-metal basket and—right in the teeth of the crisis—buy residential property, as well as equities in long-lasting industries; mining, pharma and chemicals especially, but no value-added companies, like tech, aerospace or industrials. The reason is, at the peak of hyperinflation, the most valuable assets will be dirt-cheap—especially equities—especially real estate."
[/b].
Last edited by VWBEAMER on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 am

So, that's what I'm going to do. The first residential property i will buy will be my house....LOL. After I pay off my house I will sell the rest of my hoard and buy rental properties.

I think it's important to note that your metal hoard needs to be sold during the inflationary period.

After the recovery metal will go down, especially Gold. So it and buy something that is cheap, but will go up after the recovery.

BTW, I think my copper will be the last metal i sell, it could go up even more in good times. :D
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby JadeDragon » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Just look at the slump of the US$ against the Canadian Dollar and many other major currencies - currencies that are weathering recessions in their own home economies. That is called inflation people.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
JadeDragon
Realcent Moderator

Postby justoneguy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:38 pm

VWBEAMER wrote: The reason is, at the peak of hyperinflation, the most valuable assets will be dirt-cheap—especially equities—especially real estate."[/i][/b].

when hyperinflation hit in argentina,
people could not pay the high real-estate taxes.
landlords lost their rental properties to the gov for taxes.
We can ignore reality but we can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's really going to piss you off.
justoneguy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Yes, i read that. There was man who was offered a nice apartment for a small economy car. He refused the deal, later after recovery the apartment was worth millions.
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:42 pm

Excess reserves banks are holding at the Fed are adding up quickly. This situation can't persist. Eventually, banks will want to do something with those funds. Once the trickle begins, it will turn into a gusher and the money will be flowing fast. That's when inflation hits. Recovery from this recession may seem "good" now, but when confidence returns by bankers the money will hit the streets and inflation will be here! The only way the fed can stop it is by giving the banksters a better return on their money by raising interest rates fast and far (ala Volker in the early 80s) encouraging them to buy treasuries and keep the money off the street. There is no political will for this to happen fast though as the Fed has become too politicized. It will take time for the public and politicians to buy in. Gold and hard assets are good places to invest now, but when the Fed does finally come around and spikes interest rates (1, 3, 5 years down the line?), sell the hard assets and buy treasuries.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby whatsnext » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I agree that mad max is wishful thinking.

I dont know what is really coming or when it will leave, but as long as I get more than I put into it I'll be happy. You can hope for 100, but I'll settle for 40 easily. I never expect to comeout smelling like roses.

Just not getting as screwed as others would ne nice.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Mossy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:06 pm

whatsnext wrote: Just not getting as screwed as others would ne nice.

That's my bottom line, right there.

"Mad Max": Wishful thinking for teen agers, maybe. I'm relying on meds to stay alive now. No meds in a Mad Max world.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Mad max was in austrailia, of course it wont be like that. There will be more trees and water in general.....

Who in the world wishes for such things?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby whatsnext » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:45 am

Treetop wrote:Mad max was in austrailia, of course it wont be like that. There will be more trees and water in general.....

Mostly poor, debtors, and lower middleclass skilled labors looking for a reset. The mad max would only last a year or so (so I heard) and then jobs and stuff would come back bla bla bla.

It will just keep trugging along, same old same old, no mercy.
The water and trees should still happen hopefully.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Mossy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:05 pm

whatsnext wrote:
Treetop wrote:Mad max was in austrailia, of course it wont be like that. There will be more trees and water in general.....

Mostly poor, debtors, and lower middleclass skilled labors looking for a reset.

Criminals, druggies, "community organizers" and others with a political agenda most people don't like the sound of.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions