Silver Rocket? How many thrusters?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Rocket? How many thrusters?

Postby slickeast » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Silver just keeps climbing. Every time I see a small pull back, it fires another thruster and jumps up another dollar. It is fun to watch, but that 24x face a day or 2 ago is now a bargain.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Silver Rocket? How many thrusters?

Postby 97guns » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:40 pm

our Minute Man ICBM is a 3 stage missle, i woud suspect the same with silver.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby DeanStockwell » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:16 pm

The price increase is coming from investment demand coming from price increases coming from investment demand.
Seems like everyone is calling for higher silver, CNBC heads are talking $50 silver.
The question isn't whether or not the big correction is coming, the question is how much farther silver will go before it happens.
The big drop will give long term investors a great chance to snare cheap silver(paper, not physical). Good luck everyone.
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fb101 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 pm

DeanStockwell wrote:The question isn't whether or not the big correction is coming, the question is how much farther silver will go before it happens.

This is correct.
Everyone including many of us are thinking of this like the big blowoff thing that happened back in the late 70's.
That may be as it may be, but with the dollar, inflation, economies falling etc..... the day of $10 silver is over and gone.
This is different.
this is a genuine bull market that may have years to go.
Along the way we get overbought and oversold, but, for now at least the trend is up and I see nothing economically that can stop us.

On another note, what bothers me is the cycle we seem to be heading in.
High inflation causes unrest in the world and instability which causes high oil which inevitably causes high inflation, high unrest etc.....
If we don't get of this ride, this may be the end of civilization when WWIII get here, and right now that looks inevitable.
fb101

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:12 pm

That's what I call a feel good moment.

Heading to wal-mart now to clear the shelves.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm

This is going to sound like an outrageous prediction... but I could easily see silver rising $1 a week....

FROM NOW ON :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:14 pm

beauanderos wrote:This is going to sound like an outrageous prediction... but I could easily see silver rising $1 a week....

FROM NOW ON :mrgreen:

Permanent backwardation has arrived.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby coppertone » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Remember at 23.00/oz some were waiting for the inevitable correction to buy. Ooops.

I try not to time the market. I buy when I have money, at the best value I can find at the time, and put it away. When the next thruster fires up (and the next...and the next......) I know I will have done the best I could.
coppertone
Penny Pincher Member

Postby VWBEAMER » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Chances are there will be a correction, but I agree with the advice to buy in a little each week unless you have a crystal ball..
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine."
" --Theodore Roosevelt
VWBEAMER
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:25 pm

Looking at the history charts, there's "corrections" that did not bring the price down to the level it was when people were saying, "Don't buy now, wait for the correction." I think there's a lot of "up" left before we see a major "down", and no guess as to it coming down to even as high as prices are now.

IMO, PM's are not going to drop below current levels until political philosophy of those in power changes, and in the /right/ way, not toward Statism.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals