Do you know Enviromint?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Do you know Enviromint?

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

Has anybody ever bought silver medallions from a company called Enviomint? I think they were in the Chicago area, but I can't find them online. At a gun show yesterday I bought two troy oz. that commemorate the back-to-back NBA championship victories of the Houston Rockets in 1994 & 1995. The reverse side says ".999 fine silver." They are enclosed in a display case like proof sets from the US Mint so I can't weigh them individually. If someone will tell me that the company is legit then I will be willing to tell everyone what I paid for them...just kidding...the 2 oz. cost me $70 with no sales tax so slightly under closing spot on Friday.

I also bought an uncirculated 1964 Kennedy half for $12, no tax. The dealer didn't have any other junk coins and I am too ignorant to try to buy numismatics just yet.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Do you know Enviromint?

Postby fusscharles » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:56 pm

Environmint is a decent bullion.... no real collectable value, outside the fact it is silver. They usually have some kind of sports theme.
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Do you know Enviromint?

Postby shinnosuke » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 pm

fusscharles wrote:Environmint is a decent bullion.... no real collectable value, outside the fact it is silver. They usually have some kind of sports theme.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for the quick response. I was only buying for the silver content, but it is nice that I am from Houston. I like the Rockets when Hakeem Olajuwon was on the team. He was a class act. We were both at the University of Houston at the same time.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals