Canadian Maple Leaf - silver

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Canadian Maple Leaf - silver

Postby franklin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:57 pm

A friend needs some cash and offered me a wad of the Silver Canadian Maple Leaf coins.
After looking at APMEX pricing for guidance, there is a variation of premium based on dates, from about $3.19 to over $4 per coin. Are these targeting the collector?
Also, is there such a thing as a monster box of the Maple Leaf? I don't think I have ever seen one advertised.
Thanks in advance.
franklin
Penny Collector Member

Re: Canadian Maple Leaf - silver

Postby Rosco » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm

The premium is when buying from dealers with Store front If I was buying I'd offer to split the up charge an also use a three day market end to set price. If in tubes you need to count one as Maples are normally 25 per tube then weigh all tubes, the less handled the better for you in the future. I was buying 1 or 2 an getting them very close or under spot on handled maples. Good luck
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Yes they come in monster boxes
http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/product ... circulated)shippingMarch28th.aspx

For some reason the links not working
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby didou » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:40 pm

An individual has rights only as long as he can defend them.
didou
Penny Collector Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 am

Collector value does get some traction with some of the Maples with "privy marks" on them. I always knew a privy to be an outhouse in my day, but have seen these small marks celebrating various occasions and events, etc. Issued in smaller numbers along with the regular ones for a particular year.

For me, I buy for the silver content and not the special markings.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals