Silver Correction

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Correction

Postby rexmerdinus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 am

Any ideas on when the next one is coming? I know virtually nothing about technical analysis...
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Re: Silver Correction

Postby jtlee321 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 am

If we knew when, we would all stop buying right now and wait. I hope it is soon though..
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:12 am

Correction to what? The dollar? Gold? yeah, probably any one of these days ;)
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 am

I thought we were in a correction?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:23 am

At this time, SILVER looks as if it's in a BULLISH "FLAG PATTERN" technically. I don't see a correction here.

http://www.trending123.com/patterns/bull_flag.html
Last edited by Country on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 am

Country wrote:At this time, SILVER looks as if it's in a BULLISH "FLAG PATTERN" technically. I don't see a correction here.

more importantly......

This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby theo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:20 pm

rexmerdinus wrote:Any ideas on when the next one is coming? I know virtually nothing about technical analysis...

Conventional wisdom says April or May. First, most years PMs are the weakest during the Spring and Summer months, "sell in May and go away.". Second, QEII, which has been supporting the stock market, will end in June; removing a lot of demand from the market. A paniced sell-off could easily spread to silver and gold. Here is an article which talks about this possibility:

http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/coming-rout/53869

Exerpt from article,

[i]"There's a scenario that could play out between May and September in which commodities (including my beloved silver) and the stock and bond markets could all sell off between 20% and 40%. The trigger will be the cessation of QE II and a multi-month pause before QE III."[/i]

Of course a lot can happen in the next 6 to 8 weeks. If the rumors of silver shortages at the COMEX turn out to be true; instead of correcting from $36 to $25 an ounce, silver could be coming down from $60 to $48
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 999Ni » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Great pic, Rodebaugh!! :lol: :lol:
Ron Paul 2012!

999Ni
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fusscharles » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Probably consolidations, but no corrections... Silver is in a real bull run, and comex is in backwardation. If I was you, I would be buying long starting at the 33 mark, if it ever comes back, go real long if a correction happens ($30), and do regular buys weekly regardless of price (5% of your target stash).
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fusscharles » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:08 pm

oh, one more thing... Watch the fed close... if there is a hint of QEIII, go long that second. It take a day or so for the rest of the metals world to realize what is going on.
fusscharles
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals