Not as sharp as I used to be

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Not as sharp as I used to be

Postby Morsecode » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:37 pm

So I stopped by a local flea market today just before closing, and was talking cents with a coin dealer there, casually flipping through binders. I had just come from my dump bank and had a back seat full of raw coin from the stop before that. So...copper on the brain.

I say, "what's in that green binder?" He says it's mostly Standing Lib quarters and they're five bucks each. So I'm thumbing through it, stop on one page that had clear dates, picked out a '27, paid and left.

I pull in the driveway...DOHHH!

$20 per face dollar?

Guess I might go back in the morning, before he has his first cup of coffee

:mrgreen:
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Not as sharp as I used to be

Postby beauanderos » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:46 pm

Good luck, empty your ATM before you go. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 97guns » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 am

is it morning yet?
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby misteroman » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:15 am

lol I had that happen to me once at a flea market. Thank God I went back in a few and snatched the rest!
misteroman

Postby tn-dave » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:28 am

I bought a few nice Franklins Halves from a guy at gun show for $7 each back before Christmas. I only bought a few because I wanted "save a little cash in case I found a better deal" Thought about it for a few minutes and went back to give him every dollar I had with me. Glad I made that purchase
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby Morsecode » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Went back this morning and found he left his wife in charge for the day, which I thought would be a good thing...except he had gone off to a flea market in MA, and took half the sales stock with him :o :evil:

*sigh*

I did find three additional Liberties marked $5, and six pre64 Wash. quarters priced at $5.50...but she supposed I could have those for $5 as well. 8-)

I'll go back next Sat just to double check but I'm guessing someone in MA is very happy today.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals