Here is your pull back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Here is your pull back

Postby slickeast » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:43 am

PM's are taking a hit today. Time to buy?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Here is your pull back

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 am

Not yet (for me).

Waiting a little longer.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:04 am

oh.... never mind, looks as though $34 will get blown right through. HMMM.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:42 am

Hmmm, whos selling? Anyone?
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:45 am

Japan's market is down big overnight. Money flowith from commodities to thy dollar.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:55 am

Rodebaugh wrote:Japan's market is down big overnight. Money flowith from commodities to thy dollar.

My my, the dollar is still considered safe...lol. Now is the time to convert some of those FRN's to AG.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 am

Yeah I am heading to APMEX now. See what I can find.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:12 am

Total liquidation day - panic!! Looking to buy on the cheap. :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:32 am

Just saw that Rule 48 has been invoked on the stock market open today. Basically it allows them not to report the opening movement in order to stop panic selling. This is going to be an interesting day. Wouldnt be supprised to see AG go back green by this afternoon.
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:49 am

I guess that because I am such an old guy AG still doesn't feel "cheap" at $34.17.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 am

This isn't a pull back in silver/gold it is, as was mentioned earlier your typical panic selling that follows most nuclear blasts!

I'm buying today, for sure! In fact, I'm going long on an option spread since the volatility index just doubled over night.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Luoganta » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 am

*waiting for the US to give out billions in aid to Japan so everything can go back to normal*
Luoganta
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Market Harmony » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

volatility is high, markets are in a rout, portfolios are being rebalanced. If you are nimble and trading liquid markets, then you might get lucky here and there. But, the sidelines is where I like to watch the action unfold... ready to get in the game when my personal opportunity is maximized.
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby whatsnext » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:13 am

I'm just getting rid of some stuff to get something else to mess around with in the future.

If you sell when its tanking you missed the boat. When it hit 35 was the sell time, hindsight is 20-20. Could not have predicted this either.

Just imagine when an earth quake hit us, that silver will fall like a rock. Maybe it anit so imprevious to shtf as people think.
Not saying it would not come back with time, but when you need it most it might fail you. Dollars spend, silver sits
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby zyll » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 am

Beware the Ides of March!
Trust the provision of God over the promises of men.
zyll
Penny Pincher Member

Postby theo » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 am

whatsnext wrote:I'm just getting rid of some stuff to get something else to mess around with in the future.

If you sell when its tanking you missed the boat. When it hit 35 was the sell time, hindsight is 20-20. Could not have predicted this either.

Just imagine when an earth quake hit us, that silver will fall like a rock. Maybe it anit so imprevious to shtf as people think.
Not saying it would not come back with time, but when you need it most it might fail you. Dollars spend, silver sits

I think we are still in the old pardiegm where the Dollar acts as a safe haven. But just because people percieve the Dollar as a store of wealth, does not make it so. I wonder how easy it is to get physical silver and gold in Japan right now.

PMs and other hard assets are tanking because of a lack of demand from Asia, along with general panic selling. But remember that Japan is the third largest holder of our debt. I doubt they will be buying our bonds in the near future. In fact they might be selling U.S. Debt. This could easily contribute to a bond crisis later this year.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby whatsnext » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm interested in seeing how many days silver dips, this is a real unmanipulated market interaction. Lets see how strong silver stands to this and learn.
The correction lots of people have been barking about should happen with help like this. If not the market could be seen as strong and take off.

Will 35 hold? a week from now will 35 still be a simi-norm?
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:02 pm

i think you mean will 34 hold.

the real test will be whether they try to take it down after hours when volume is light.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 pm

I think JPMorgan used their Earthquake machine to create a chain reaction in the market price of silver to get it to drop, so that their losses are not too high tomorrow when the contracts expire. :lol:
(Not trying to make lite of the devastation in Japan. Just the Conspiracy Theorists.)
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby whatsnext » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 pm

jtlee321 wrote:I think JPMorgan used their Earthquake machine to create a chain reaction in the market price of silver to get it to drop, so that their losses are not too high tomorrow when the contracts expire. :lol:
(Not trying to make lite of the devastation in Japan. Just the Conspiracy Theorists.)

So this does away with my no manipulation activity reaction. Good point though this is an easy time to manipulate.
Now looking lemon thrower said the same thing too.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 pm

here is a 5-year statistical analysis of the price movement at different times of the day in gold. its not 100% reliable but it gives you some ideas about when to time your buys.

Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals