Bank called yesterday

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bank called yesterday

Postby knibloe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:33 am

I have a bank that orders two boxes per week for me. The week before last, they called and left a message and said that they couldn't get any but would order double for me for last Friday. I didn't call them back and figured they would only order the regular two because I did not request 4.

Long story short, they ordered 4 and I only got 2 and figured that if I could get them turned around I would get the other two boxes mid week. They called yesterday to asked if I wanted the other two. Someone had come in and bought 3 rolls from them.

This got me off my butt to go get the rest. I don't need competition. The last bank that I had set up stopped buying boxes for me because too many people were coming in and asking. Then they would return them to the same source bank so they cut everyone off. I don't want this to happen here.

As a side note, the current bank only agreed to order them for me if I would agree to take the full 1K that they needed to buy. I didn't have the 1k (or the support of my wife), but I worked out both problems. Now they are selling single rolls???

Edit
Very happy to get the boxes. They totaled 17- 40% halves.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Re: Bank called yesterday

Postby misteroman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:27 pm

if they order them you better darn sure go there and get them on time!!!!
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Country » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Yup, if you order boxes of coins you better be around to pick them up the day they get in to the bank. Coin boxes take up space in vaults and really mess up the head teller if you don't scoup them up and take them away. They are sort of doing it as a favor to us and the last thing you want to do is incur bad relations that could cut off everyone doing sorting at this bank.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby knibloe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:36 pm

I was there on time to get them. She just ordered a double batch because she forgot to order them for me the week before. I got there and she told me she had two extra boxes. I didn't have the cash for the extras.
knibloe
Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 am

Nice score on the 17 40%'s anyways.
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals