The halves and the have nots

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The halves and the have nots

Postby beauanderos » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:09 pm

There's an elite group of silver searchers out there... you know who you are. We post our finds in Country's tracking thread and we moan and groan, and occasionally boast, of our finds, or lack of them. It gets discouraging sometimes, going thru box after box, getting skunked time and again. Well... I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore :lol: I propose we do something about it. My idea... the Super Silver Searchers Club. Minimum of boxes searched a month needs to be ten or more to gain entry. We're on the honor system here... and you must already be posting your finds (or lack of them) to the tracking thread to be eligible to join. So, in order to reward diligence and perseverance in the face of daunting odds, I say we should have a monthly contest for these members. On the last day of each month, verified by Country's records, each member should send one 90 percent and one 40 percent half to the BIGGEST LOSER of the month... the one with the longest streak of skunk boxes. That way we share the wealth a bit, and at least the poor searcher has something to look forward to. I think, over the year, it would pretty much even out, I doubt the same individual would win month after month (again, honor system). So... what do you guys think? AlabamaJoe? Cards'n'Coins? Jtlee123? SDmarassco? Country? NDFarmer? Any I missed? Open to suggestions... I think if we tweaked this right it could be fun. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: The halves and the have nots

Postby Beau » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Ray,

I have already won this contest, since I can`t get halves from any bank here.

send me my halves 40% & 90%. :lol: :lol: :D

OH I didn`t see my name listed.

GOOD LUCK GUYS I PAY CASH FOR MY SILVER :D

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:36 am

I'd be game, but I have to say I would hope to never to among the "winners". :lol:
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scrapper2010 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 am

That's a really cool idea. Not that I'd be able to participate or anything, but......
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Country » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 am

Since there is some interest in keeping track of the SKUNK streak for half boxes, I'll keep track. Look for a new category of data in the next SILVER stat update. :)
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 am

Good idea Ray.....Bama's going to get some silver yet. Sorry man, you just seem to get A LOT of skunks and I am a natural bully. But I will say that you do keep the chin up and carry on.....so hats off from a "give up" half sorter.

and Country, don't give up on the dimes just yet.....just take a break for a while or cut back to a box a week.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

You know it's getting bad when a West Virginia hillbilly starts cracking on you. :lol: So the last two months have been been down - ok, they are sucking wind, you can not let a little thing like that beat you.

By the way Rodebaugh, where in WV are you. I'm a Charleston born WV hillbilliy myself who was blessed by the almighty and given a hefty dose of Southern redneck training after my folks moved to Alabama while a kid. Still, I've spent alot of time at my grandfather's farm in Elkview (just north of Charleston) during summers. My other grandfather was a dentist who practiced in Huntington. Almost all my relatives are still in WV or just across the river in Ohio.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 pm

You know it's getting bad when a West Virginia hillbilly starts cracking on you.

Especially when you’re from....Alabama.

I am sure you have heard this one before BamaJoe.

Q: "Whats the best thing coming out of Alabama?"

A: I-20
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:41 pm

As of March 13, the 2011 longest yearly half SKUNK streaks are as follows:

Of note, streaks can begin in one month and end in a subsequent month. $1000 bags count for 2 boxes; $500 bank bags count for one box. Loose CWRs and bank rolls and teller halves do not count.

BamaJoe - 17 (Current Streak = 5 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 78 227 $58,000 )
zerocd - 16 (Current Streak = 16 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 26 115 $20,000 )
rainsonme - 13 (Current Streak = 3 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 20 8 $13,000 )
beauanderos - 10 (Current Streak = 10 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 60 127 $49,500 )
jtlee321 - 8 (Current Streak = 2 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 89 625 $89,500 )
appjoe - 7 (Current Streak = 7 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 9 15 $6,500 )
Dumpster Diver - 7 (Current Streak = 3 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 18 132 $17,500 )
AGCoinHunter - 6 (Current Streak = 5 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 25 119 $21,000 )
Hirbonzig - 5 (Current Streak = 1 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 6 2 $4,000 )
knibloe - 5 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 8 18 $8,000 )
Rodebaugh - 4 (Current Streak = 4 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 5 1 $3,000 )
Saabman - 4 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 10 85 $10,000 )
CardsNCoins - 3 (Current Streak = 3 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 12 258 $30,500 )
PennyPauper - 3 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 3 13 $4,000 )
Coppercrazy - 2 (Current Streak = 2 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 2 0 $1,000 )
Country - 2 (Current Streak = 1 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 4 76 $6,000 )
Heartkill - 2 (Current Streak = 2 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 2 0 $1,000 )
argent_pur - 1 (Current Streak = 1 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 1 0 $500 )
bankmining - 1 (Current Streak = 1 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 1 0 $500 )
Dano - 1 (Current Streak = 1 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 3 38 $4,000 )
fasteddy - 1 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 2 6 $2,000 )
gothboi30 - 1 (Current Streak = 1 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 1 0 $500 )
HoardCopperByTheTon - 1 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 9 11 $6,500 )
sparechange - 1 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 1 19 $3,000 )
agmoose - 0 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 0 4 $500 )
doug - 0 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 0 1 $500 )
gravybro - 0 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 0 41 $3,000 )
KCTCJO - 0 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 0 29 $1,500 )
rakattack - 0 (Current Streak = 0 ,SKUNKS/SILVER/$Searched 0 9 $1,000 )
Last edited by Country on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:39 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:
You know it's getting bad when a West Virginia hillbilly starts cracking on you.

Especially when you’re from....Alabama.

I am sure you have heard this one before BamaJoe.

Q: "Whats the best thing coming out of Alabama?"

A: I-20

The only thing I have to add to that is: "Thank God for Mississippi". :lol:

Of course I have to add that we do know how to play football.

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm

BamaJoe wrote:You know it's getting bad when a West Virginia hillbilly starts cracking on you. :lol: So the last two months have been been down - ok, they are sucking wind, you can not let a little thing like that beat you.

By the way Rodebaugh, where in WV are you. I'm a Charleston born WV hillbilliy myself who was blessed by the almighty and given a hefty dose of Southern redneck training after my folks moved to Alabama while a kid. Still, I've spent alot of time at my grandfather's farm in Elkview (just north of Charleston) during summers. My other grandfather was a dentist who practiced in Huntington. Almost all my relatives are still in WV or just across the river in Ohio.

Mom lives in Charleston....I visit her when I have a few K in dimes to dump at the main branch.

As for where I live.....buy those rolls of quarters I have listed and I will send you an address for payment. Hint: I cross that bridge in the video 8-10 times a week.

West Virginia misses you. Never to late to come home Joe. ;)

Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby BamaJoe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Isn't that the New River Gorge bridge? If so I've crossed it a few times myself.

I've considered going back to live one day, but we set on heading to the PI one day.

I do make it there a couple days each year. Each summer I drive my mom up to her sister's place. I stay a few days and leave her there for a couple weeks and my brother comes up stays a few days and brings her home.

BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:55 pm

BamaJoe wrote:Isn't that the New River Gorge bridge? If so I've crossed it a few times myself.

I've considered going back to live one day, but we set on heading to the PI one day.

I do make it there a couple days each year. Each summer I drive my mom up to her sister's place. I stay a few days and leave her there for a couple weeks and my brother comes up stays a few days and brings her home.

Well, give me a heads up and I will get you a bunch of Half boxes to take back with you. I have a great supply w/ poor dumping availabilty. Although I am not sure if my boxes are any better than yours.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
BamaJoe wrote:Isn't that the New River Gorge bridge? If so I've crossed it a few times myself.

Well, give me a heads up and I will get you a bunch of Half boxes to take back with you. I have a great supply w/ poor dumping availabilty. Although I am not sure if my boxes are any better than yours.

They're the same... if you've searched them first :lol: Thanks for the vid, JD was a favorite of mine in his time.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scrapper2010 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:58 am

I live in Columbus Ohio but my mom is from West Virginia. Many childhood memories of family reunions there. Wading in the creek, hiking up the hills, and riding in a Jeep over homeade and horrifying roads on the property. Drank out of a natural spring on a hot summer day. Ahhh the memories!!!
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals