huge gold nugget found video link

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

huge gold nugget found video link

Postby fb101 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:20 am

fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: huge gold nugget found video link

Postby zyll » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Tomorrow is the last day to see it in Sacramento! I'm hoping it ends up in a museum instead of a private collection.
Trust the provision of God over the promises of men.
zyll
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 pm

the guy who found it was grading his road. they said hes elusive not talking to the press or whatever. my guess is hes out regrading his road....
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby zyll » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 pm

I went to the ANA Money Show last weekend, and saw this nugget in person. The geologists are all excited, that it's certifiably from the "original mother lode" in California due to some blue lead amalgamation on the specimen. They say probably the largest California nugget in existence. Definitely interesting to look at up close, with all the toolmarks and dents on it.

I also saw a 1913 V nickel, an 1804 dollar, and a 1787 Brasher Doubloon (EB on breast). Quite cool compared to the lame-o 2011 offerings at the huge expensive-looking US Mint exhibit. At least they got rid of the sandblast finish on uncirculated coins.
Trust the provision of God over the promises of men.
zyll
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fb101 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:27 pm

according to numismatic news, it sold for $460K
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:33 pm

I wouldn't tell anyone if I found a nugget that size on my property. Would have every person in the country showing up trying to dig on my property.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals