America the Beautiful Coins $500 profit

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: America the Beautiful Coins $500 profit

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

Is there a delay in the email? I didnt get it right away
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Pennysaved wrote:Is there a delay in the email? I didnt get it right away

I'm not sure about that as I was multi-tasking :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Pennysaved wrote:This really sucks for me; I placed my order and the screen froze at the end when I tried to print and it is positioned where I cannot see the order confirmation #

I know when I was reading through the stuff that it said they will not answer emails unless you reference your order #

Same thing happened to me earlier today...you will get an email confirmation and all should be good.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby LostCents » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Tourney64 wrote:Based on the facts everything is very legit.There are only 10 dealers nationally that have these coins. The US mint lists 20 national bullion dealers, and Jack Hunt is one that is on the US Mint's list. The address also matches between the US Mint and where you send your payment.
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/american_eagles/index.cfm?action=lookup

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking for a while and thought this was a good time for my first post as I am always a very cautious person.

The addresses do not appear to be the same.

US Mint listed address:
12. Jack Hunt Coin Broker
2746 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14217
716-874-7777

Money order payment address:
America the Beautiful
P.O. Box 4189
Kenmore NY 14217

Or am I missing something?!?

Hello to all...a big thank you to this great forum and community!
LostCents

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:19 pm

LostCents wrote:
Tourney64 wrote:Based on the facts everything is very legit.There are only 10 dealers nationally that have these coins. The US mint lists 20 national bullion dealers, and Jack Hunt is one that is on the US Mint's list. The address also matches between the US Mint and where you send your payment.
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/american_eagles/index.cfm?action=lookup

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking for a while and thought this was a good time for my first post as I am always a very cautious person.

The addresses do not appear to be the same.

US Mint listed address:
12. Jack Hunt Coin Broker
2746 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14217
716-874-7777

Money order payment address:
America the Beautiful
P.O. Box 4189
Kenmore NY 14217

Or am I missing something?!?

Hello to all...a big thank you to this great forum and community!

First off, glad to have you and darn good first post.....second off......hummmm.....anyone? what gives with the different po box and different town? Anyone call the 716-874-7777 number yet to see if this is solid. MO does seem a little fishy.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Treetop » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:20 pm

http://www.jackhunt.com/index.html i dont know but if you put the guys name in a search this comes up
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

I hope you guys get a great deal.

I'm off of this one. 2-6 weeks delivery window ? No credit card protection? Money Order to a PO box?

I hope it's legit and you guys make out good. I bailed out of the checkout, too good of a deal.
Last edited by Thogey on Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:25 pm

Jack Hunt is a major coin dealer and an authorized dealer with the US Mint. I have been monitoring their site waiting for the announcement that they were beginning sales for a few months now. They are legit. They have to follow strict guidelines established by the US Mint for the sale of these coins hence they probably set up a special PO Box just for these orders. Jack Hunt is one of the authorized dealers that usually don't sell direct to the public. They typically supply other coin dealers.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:26 pm

Thogey wrote:I hope you guys get a great deal.

I'm off of this one. 2-6 weeks delivery window ? No credit card protection? Money Order to a PO box?

I hope it's legit and you guy's make out good. I bailed out of the checkout, too good of a deal.

Thanks for the boast of confidence. My FRN feels much safer now. :?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby LostCents » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
I've been meaning to make a first post for a few days now but really didn't have much to say.
Then I saw this and figured it might be time to make that post.
The deal looks good, his website does link to the offer:
http://www.jackhunt.com/
But, like I said, I am very cautious, especially when someone want me to send a money
order for $1000 to a PO Box within a VERY short time frame!
I need more info to feel safe about this one....
LostCents

Postby Treetop » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:28 pm

actually this site I looked at it wrong at first... its talking about this same guy as having stolen copywrited pics, but it does tie his two addresses together.....

Im off of this to, I was excited. its got me nervous...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:31 pm

If you want a LONG history regarding these coins and their history of sales, you read about it on this forum:

http://goldismoney2.com/showthread.php? ... ins/page87
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:34 pm

They seem like great coins.

Too bad I won't be receiving them in 2-6 weeks.

Change my screen name to chickenshit.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby LostCents » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:35 pm

inflationhawk wrote:Jack Hunt is a major coin dealer and an authorized dealer with the US Mint. I have been monitoring their site waiting for the announcement that they were beginning sales for a few months now. They are legit. They have to follow strict guidelines established by the US Mint for the sale of these coins hence they probably set up a special PO Box just for these orders. Jack Hunt is one of the authorized dealers that usually don't sell direct to the public. They typically supply other coin dealers.

inflationhawk
Penny Sorter Member

Not that I have any weight around here being new and all, but before I jump on this one I need to hear multiple confirmations
from long time members regarding the validity of this offer. Nothing personal my friend, but you have only been on this site
for about a month. I know I am overstepping my bounds here as this is only my second post and I am as new as they come,
but I think I need to hear from long term members about the safety of sending $950 by money order to this PO Box.
No disrespect to you..
LostCents

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Stop apologizing dude!

Your opinion does not seem out of line.
Thogey

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:42 pm

http://mintnewsblog.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... apped.html

The US Mint is restricting the Authorized Dealers on how much they can sell them for. That's why its a good deal and "seems like" a scam. I call it price fixing and overstepping the Mint's authority, but that's a whole other story. The Mint can't control the prices on the secondary market. If you choose to pass up this opportunity, that's a personal choice.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:46 pm

POSITIVES:

1. The fact that the MAIN Jack Hunt site links to this page is HUGE. And good. :)

2. Also, I did a DNS lookup and "whois" on the domains and they are similar enough to assume that the same person registered them both. Although they are Private registrations so it is impossible to tell. But the Name Servers are from the same company (although a big one.)

3. The cities of Kenmore and Buffalo are very close to one another, so it wouldn't be uncommon for someone to utilize both.

NEGATIVES:

1. The domain "jackhuntatb.com" was only registered on the 15th of March!

2. The jackhuntatb.com site says that "they will not respond to any phone calls". How weird is that?

3. They only take Money Orders.

My Decision: I'm going for it with 2 coins. The link from jackhunt.com is my primary deciding factor. That and, I must admit, greed.
barrytrot

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:49 pm

I look forward to good reports of good deals. Bully for you guys!
Thogey

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:51 pm

It's probably a good deal and jack hunt is just trying to job the tax man.
Thogey

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Well, if Jack Hunt is one of 10 authorized dealers, why can't we try ordering from another company and see what the price and terms are? That was my thought when I googled "america the beautiful 5 oz silver" and found this:

http://www.usgoldbureau.com/America-the-Beautiful-5oz-Coins?gclid=CP25rd-B66cCFcxj2godkAv7aQ

Tried calling the number, but must be after hours because it goes to voice mail.

I will not order if it takes 2-6 weeks...I mean, can't you be a little more specific than that? At least the washing machine repairman says, "8 to noon" or "1 to 5PM" when he gives me repair visit choices.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:58 pm

yeah its probably legitimate, but I got nervous, im backing off..... :( i actually really wanted one of these sets to. the no phone calls gets to me. I mean Im holding a piece of paper that shows im supposed to send them 950 bucks. the price thing doesnt bother me because I seem to remember they were to charge some set percent over their costs, and silver has recently jumped. so that all makes sense. If they let me do a simple confirmation call at their brick and mortar shop Id pay 1050 happily.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:05 pm

I was just thinking: If it was a scam that's a hell of a score. $950 cash per pop, a scammer could collect a couple million in cash MO, and cash them and be long gone in 2-6 weeks before anyone complained. No credit card redress.
Thogey

Postby barrytrot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:09 pm

Could this be Jack Hunt's exist strategy? $3,000 x $949 = $2,835,000.

Because they are under $1,000 he can easily cash them in succession without hassle and without needing "manager approval".

Hm, I'm rethinking my position.

I think I'll go watch "Heat" and see what I think afterward :)
barrytrot

Postby inflationhawk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Treetop wrote:yeah its probably legitimate, but I got nervous, im backing off..... :( i actually really wanted one of these sets to. the no phone calls gets to me. I mean Im holding a piece of paper that shows im supposed to send them 950 bucks. the price thing doesnt bother me because I seem to remember they were to charge some set percent over their costs, and silver has recently jumped. so that all makes sense. If they let me do a simple confirmation call at their brick and mortar shop Id pay 1050 happily.

You have 7 days to pay. Call them on Monday with your order number and confirm things and put your mind at rest. Who cares what they say about not calling. You are a customer.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals