Just moved into the minor leagues this week

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Just moved into the minor leagues this week

Postby Pennybug » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 pm

I've gone from searching $50 and $100 here and there to $700 this week and $1000 next. WOO HOO! Been waiting on the day to move there! Based on my finds from the $700... well... better not say anything.

So... as for disposing them... I'm LOVING this almost as much as the search itself! It's SOOO funny to see peoples reactions to paying with halves.

Steak and Lobster dinner... $30
Gas to get there... $10
Paying my bill and tip with rolls of halves to a girl who's never seen a half dollar coin before and have to go ask her manager if she could accept them.... PRICELESS! (I think she was in to it too! She seemed a little more sparkly at the end! I did leave a bigger tip though since she was a good sport about it!)

There's some things that money can't buy... fortunately for the things that you can buy with money... there's halves.

Halves... accepted anywhere you want them to be.

They are my new Visa :D
Pennybug
Penny Collector Member

Re: Just moved into the minor leagues this week

Postby Morsecode » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 pm

I hope you're not lugging them around in some sort of man purse :lol:

Cargo pants & suspenders are coming back into style. Just sayin...
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby amalekidad » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:39 pm

How did you know that I wear cargo shorts with suspenders?!
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:15 am

(Excuse me while I go wash my eyeballs.)

:)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Gamecock » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:22 pm

i bought my lunch with halves yesterday and when i handed them to the girl, she said, "these are a dollar a piece, right?"
"When a government overvalues one type of money and undervalues another, the undervalued money will leave the country or disappear from circulation into hoards, while the overvalued money will flood into circulation."
Gamecock
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals