JACK HUNT ATB SETS

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

JACK HUNT ATB SETS

Postby panther » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:22 pm

To anyone who ordered and did NOT overnight their payment, you're fine.. I spoke to them on the phone, and as long as your payment is postmarked today or tomorrow, you are fine to still receive your set.

Two of my friends ordered sets but got one got cold feet on sending payment on 2nd set.. payment is going out today as he got my confirmation email for first order this morning.
panther
Penny Sorter Member

Re: JACK HUNT ATB SETS

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Dang, could have saved $18...
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lakehouse » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm

My order (in the 1200s) is being shipped out today with an ETA of Wednesday.
lakehouse

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:39 pm

I sent out payment for a set today. (my dad's set)
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby hejira11 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:28 pm

lakehouse wrote:My order (in the 1200s) is being shipped out today with an ETA of Wednesday.

I was #2222. I got an ETA of Thursday from them.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby blackrabbit » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Man I blew a lot of loot on the shipping. I should have just used a stamp!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby 97guns » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:35 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Man I blew a lot of loot on the shipping. I should have just used a stamp!

what'd it cost you?
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby hejira11 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 pm

blackrabbit wrote:Man I blew a lot of loot on the shipping. I should have just used a stamp!

When the current flood of these sets dries up, and the rarity factor sinks in, The outlay of extra FRN's will be a distant memory. The mainstream public is waking up to silver now. Our Fiat curreny is being devalued... EVERYTHING is on our side in this one. Don't look back!!! Dave ramsey calls it "Stupid Tax" but in this case, I think it is just a minor blip. I see you getting a handsome ROI when you go to sell.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:00 am

I have an ETA of Friday on mine. Sometimes (only sometimes) I wish I did not live on the west coast. Oh well at least I know it is on it's way!! :-) I sent my payment out via Priority Mail with signature required and only paid like $6.50 to ship it LOL. I think my best deal was on the Coins N' Things deal. 12 90% Half Dollars and a set of ATB for $1100.00 shipped!! Yeahaa!! Makes waking up at 4:55 am a little more worth it.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:10 am

ETA of Wednesday for my 2 sets.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 am

It cost me 18 bucks and my "friend" 18 bucks for "her" set, so 36 total.
Mine are coming on friday, I am sure I will still come out way ahead the way silver has been going!! :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby TXBullion » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 am

blackrabbit wrote:It cost me 18 bucks and my "friend" 18 bucks for "her" set, so 36 total.
Mine are coming on friday, I am sure I will still come out way ahead the way silver has been going!! :mrgreen:

when are your "friends" set coming ;) :lol:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am

Same day just a different address.
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Here is an email I just received from Jack Hunt regarding the Fedex shipment notification:

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM JACK HUNT COIN BROKER REGARDING FedEx SHIPPING CONFIRMATION NUMBERS

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL

You are receiving this notice because you recently ordered a
set of America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver Coins (ATBs) from
Jack Hunt Coin Broker Inc (JHCB).

FedEx sent an email yesterday to each of our ATB customers
with a shipping tracking number that stated that orders will
ship Monday, April 4th.

THIS IS INCORRECT!!!

While some orders will ship this week most will not and will go
out within the next four weeks. Retain the tracking number you
received from FedEx, this will be your tracking number. You will
be able to periodically check to see when your order does ship.
You will not receive an email from either FedEx or JHCB when your
package is in transit.

Note The Following:

1. The email from FedEx is in no way a verification that your
payment was received. IF PAYMENT WAS NOT RECEIVED YOUR ORDER
WILL NOT SHIP.

2. The FedEx labels we have will be used once we verify order
payment is received and order is prepared for shipment.

3. If you canceled your order after receiving email from FedEx
the order will not ship.

4. Retain the confirmation number you received from FedEx. You
will be able to use it to track your package when your
order does ship.

5. As stated in our ATB sales terms and conditions, orders
can take up to six weeks from date of purchase for delivery

6. JHCB will not respond to email inquires regarding order
shipping status.

7. JHCB is unable to verify receipt of payments. If there is
a problem with your payment you will hear from us by
early next week.

We apologize for the confusion and appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,

JACK HUNT COIN BROKER INC.

America the Beautiful
P.O. Box 4189
Kenmore NY 14217

I rechecked my status and it shows as being picked-up.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Received the same email. They are probably contracting with a 3rd party for delivery. Akready had everything coordinated for being home on Wednesday. BUMMER
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:28 pm

Tourney64 wrote:Received the same email.

Ditto.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:01 pm

This is what the APs were talking about when they complained to the Mint about being forced to sell directly to the public and limiting one per household. They just aren't set up to do it. They are used to only dealing with coin dealers and middlemen in high volume. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard, but it seems many of the APs are screwing up and making these types of administrative mistakes. It's not a big deal, but I'm sure it's embarrassing to them. I can live with the delay considering the deal I feel like I'm getting.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:12 pm

frankly i cannot understand why we cant order these right from the mint. they sell other things to the public.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Because these products are considered bullion and by law the US Mint can only sell bullion through it's authorized dealer network. Because of the scarcity and nature of these coins, they can hardly be considered bullion by any "normal" person's standard, but it is what it is. It would have taken an act of Congress to change the law to allow the Mint to sell bullion direct to the public.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:30 pm

I guess next year they wont have a cap on the premiums so they will truly stop being bullion.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Treetop wrote:I guess next year they wont have a cap on the premiums so they will truly stop being bullion.

Yes, that's a very good question that we'll soon find out when the 2011 5 ounce bullion coins become available. They should be out within a month or so. I'm not sure that any date has been provided for these.

The US Mint did provide the first release date for a 2010 5 ounce silver numismatic version (Hot Springs). It will be April 28. No pricing has been announced yet. They appear to be selling these individually and no 5 coin sets will be available for the numismatic versions to purchase all at once.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 pm

Well I just checked the status on my FedEx tracking number and mine is actually in transit. It was picked up today at 12:55 PM and dropped off at the FedEx Facility in Buffalo NY at 7:08 PM with an estimated arrival of Friday April 9th. :D Anyone else have there sets actually being shipped?
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals