Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Buddy who sent his order in to JHCB on Saturday April 2 via Priority Mail from Indy is expecting his delivery on Friday April 8. It is currently in transit. He had a low 200 order #.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Re: Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 pm

This was such a sweet deal as the delivered price of these highly desirable sets was well below the price of silver.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Mine is in transit and expected on the 8th. My number was in the 600's. Payment was overnighted though...
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:20 pm

mine was in the low 600s, its not in transit yet. I had payment out the next day. I think we used priority not overnight.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:22 pm

My order number was #1269 and I sent out my payment on the Monday the 28th via Priority mail. My shipment is in transit and is scheduled to arrive on Saturday the 9th. Kind of weird that it would be on a Saturday.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 pm

I also forgot to mention that I had made my payment with a Postal Money Order. I am not sure if that makes a difference. My Mom who ordered a set also paid with a Postal Money Order and has had her set shipped. She also sent her payment in the day after I sent mine. I do remember that the instructions stated that the preferred method of payment was with a Postal Money Order.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:37 pm

strange, i had used a postal money order as well. sent it out on the saturday.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Treetop wrote:mine was in the low 600s, its not in transit yet. I had payment out the next day. I think we used priority not overnight.

Express...cost $18 and some change.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 pm

I just got my set from MTB a few minutes ago though. They put each coin in its own case, did they come from the mint like that?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:54 pm

I sent my postal money order on Tuesday March 29 via Priority Mail. Still waiting on shipment, but did receive fed ex delivery tracking number.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby inflationhawk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Treetop wrote:I just got my set from MTB a few minutes ago though. They put each coin in its own case, did they come from the mint like that?

No the Mint sold them in tubes of 10. The APs have varied in the ways they have shipped them out, though most send them in individual air-tite cases.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Mine were delivered just a few minutes ago. Cant wait to see them.
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:39 pm

AGCoinHunter how were your coins packaged?
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 pm

My coins came today and they look like total [shucks]. Thanks for just tossing them into bubble mailers Jack.

Shame on Jack Hunt and his crimes against numismatics.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:My coins came today and they look like total [shucks]. Thanks for just tossing them into bubble mailers Jack.

Yep, very poor packing job. Bubble wrap, put into small envelopes. Coins dont look to be higher than about MS-64. I am sure they cherrypicked the good ones and sent out the crap. Not impressed with Jack Hunts packaging, but I will take them since I now own them under melt.
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 pm

AGCoinHunter wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:My coins came today and they look like total [shucks]. Thanks for just tossing them into bubble mailers Jack.

Yep, very poor packing job. Bubble wrap, put into small envelopes. Coins dont look to be higher than about MS-64. I am sure they cherrypicked the good ones and sent out the crap. Not impressed with Jack Hunts packaging, but I will take them since I now own them under melt.

two of my coins are solid DMPLs too. Those MFs ruined them to save a nickel.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby AGCoinHunter » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:34 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
AGCoinHunter wrote:

Damn, that sucks. I only checked 2 of them after seeing how they were packaged. Both looked DMPL (hot springs and yellowstone) but still saw some imperfections. Just stuffed them back in and put them away.
Last edited by AGCoinHunter on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby inflationhawk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:37 am

Fidelitrade started out shipping them just in bubble wrap and many people complained. Those that ordered later from Fidelitrade got them shipped in air-tites. I was impresses that Fidelitrade actually listened to customers. Fidelitrade always had very courteous and friendly reps on the phone too.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Just checked the rest of my hockey pucks. 4 of the 5 are DMLP with the grand canyon the only one not. Wished the whole set would have been.
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:35 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
AGCoinHunter wrote:

Thats what the friendly disclosure is for in the box :lol:
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby inflationhawk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Got mine today. They are bullion so you can't expect perfect quality. Mine are actually in pretty good shape. The usual smudge on Washington's cheek on the Yosemite coin (every set I have seen has a smudge on Washington's cheek on this coin). I'm happy with them for what they are...bullion coins. They probably should have been sent in air-tites. It's a bit low class to send them just wrapped in bubble wrap.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 97guns » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Tourney64 wrote:I sent my postal money order on Tuesday March 29 via Priority Mail. Still waiting on shipment, but did receive fed ex delivery tracking number.

me too, looks like it doesnt matter what your order number is. im not really concerned with the imperfections, i may end up selling off a set and i'll just cherry pick the best for myself.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:24 pm

I may try to get some air-tites for my sets if they don't come with any. Jack Hunt and the other dealers did say they were bullion quality. I distintcly remember MTB saying that theirs would be in Air-Tites. I wish Jack Hunt would have given customers the option and they pay extra for that.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby jtlee321 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm

My set arrived from Jack Hunt yesterday and they were not in Airtites. I inspected all of my coins and they were still in pretty decent shape. 1 had a small scratch above the date on the edge of the rim but it was very small. It appeared to be something that happened in production. My shipment arrived in a box wrapped in bubble wrap inside the main shipping box. Inside the inner box was 5 small bubble wrap envelopes wrapped together as a single unit in a bubble wrap cocoon. I was a bit disappointed that they were not in Airtites but I will just buy a set of them off of eBay. My set looks like it should grade 68 or so pretty easily. I will compare this set to the set I will be getting from Coins N' Things when it arrives. Overall I can't complain about receiving 25 ounces of .999 fine silver minted by the U.S. Mint produced in significantly less quantity than anticipated numbers at a discount to spot. I mean do you dig through your dealers junk box of rounds and pull out the scratched and dinged ASE's and buy those at spot? I know I do. I am just thrilled to have this set in my hand's. I have been wanting one since they were announced.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby 97guns » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:55 pm

i cant wait, finally getting my first set later this week on the west coast.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals