Got the wife slightly interested!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Got the wife slightly interested!

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 am

Not that she wasn't interested in the overall big picture plan before, but she went to a big weekend antique event in a small town near here with her sister yesterday and spent part of her time looking for silver! Surprised me a bit. She's into jewelry, that's her element, so she has a good eye for that stuff. She managed to pick up a couple of small finds in sterling: rings, and a bracelet, at about half of spot. I told her she did good. :)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Got the wife slightly interested!

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 am

That's excellent. Having the wife on board is a huge step to success. Been dealing with my wife for a long time. I can remember when I bought over $4,000 of silver back when silver was $4/oz how she screamed at me for spending all that money. We had plenty of funds to do it. I would have spent more money but couldn't take the heat. She is really pissed at me for buying 3 sets of the ATB 5 oz silver coin sets for less than $1,000 each. I told her I would sell 2 of them and any profit would go towards our basement finishing fund.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:02 pm

"Wife onboard" is great. A second set of eyes and hands, someone with a sharp eye for body language watching others, someone with an interest in jewelry, you really lucked out.

Tourney, bummer. Have you pointed out that the $4K you picked up "back when" is now worth 10X as much? Almost as good as buying Google or MS stock back when it was first issued.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Luoganta » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:27 pm

68Camaro wrote:Not that she wasn't interested in the overall big picture plan before, but she went to a big weekend antique event in a small town near here with her sister yesterday and spent part of her time looking for silver! Surprised me a bit. She's into jewelry, that's her element, so she has a good eye for that stuff. She managed to pick up a couple of small finds in sterling: rings, and a bracelet, at about half of spot. I told her she did good. :)

That is so cheating. Totally unfair to us single guys. ;)
Luoganta
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:42 pm

@Luoganta Did you look at my post? My wife makes up for the married guys like 68Camaro.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Luoganta wrote:

Nah, single guys have the advantage here. A married guy has to sell the idea of silver investing or copper sorting to his wife.. while a single guy can keep rotating girlfriends until he finds one that can run properly run a Ryedale. My girlfriend shells the pennies out of the wrappers for me so I can run them straight through the Ryedales like those lucky members that can get them in bags.
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby 68Camaro » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:11 pm

HoardCopperByTheTon wrote:
Luoganta wrote:

Nah, single guys have the advantage here. A married guy has to sell the idea of silver investing or copper sorting to his wife...

I think that's generally the case, though she does save me from myself at times. I have learned (more or less) when to listen to her and... No, let me re-phrase that. ;) I know to always listen to her, but I've learned when to accept her advice, and when to deviate from it.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Beau » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:56 pm

you guys are lucky if you can find a girlfriend that will put up with all this sorting.

I have been through quite a few since my divorce 22 years ago.

I plan on another 22 years of being hard to catch, and then who knows? but may find a good one before then?

the one I married took me to the cleaners so I get skiddish when it comes to getting serious.

Last edited by Beau on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Know Common Cents » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 pm

My wife says, "Don't confuse me with facts!" Therefore, I take her at her word.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dvorak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:24 pm

I'm very thankful my loving wife is tolerant of my bullion "hobby". Even encouraging, I would say. Of course, she's no dummy and can read a chart where the number keeps going up, up, up!
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby aristobolus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:25 am

With my wife the more PM's goes up; the more her angst goes down...
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby amalekidad » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:22 am

I used a bunch of our 'tax' money to get some ASEs. I was getting ready to sell them to pay the taxes and the wife says, "No way are we selling those things, we will come up with the tax money some other way." Did I mention that she is pretty too? I'm the luckiest man on this .org
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Man, you are so whipped. She was watching you as you typed that. Besides, MY wife is the prettiest on this .org.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:06 am

Sounds like we could have a prettiest wife contest. :lol:
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Mossy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:55 am

(Or a lot of wives who read this forum?)
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Dvorak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:43 pm

I mentioned previously about my loving wife's tolerance...

I'll have to see how she feels about a couple more sets of ATB 5 ozers. (Jack Hunt , APMEX)

Puck madness has me good.
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:21 pm

For the record, my wife is truly gorgeous... (Honey, quit looking over my shoulder...) :)
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Image Thogey knows I'm divorced, so he sent me a picture of his loved one so I could compete in this contest. :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Treetop » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:44 pm

im in for a silver dollar that my wife is the sexiest... ;) she loves me for my mind.. :lol:
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:02 pm

SHTF today. Wife found out that I bought 4 sets of ATB 5 oz coin sets. Have not put any of them out on EBAY yet. I had enough spare cash to buy several more sets but I thought I was pushing it with 4. I guess I won't get out of the doghouse on this one until the fiat $$$ is back in the bank earning .006% interest.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals