Canadian silver in bulk

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Canadian silver in bulk

Postby highroller4321 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a place that regular buys and sells Canadian silver in bulk? Apmex, bullion direct, tulving, ect ect don't regularly deal in it. I am looking more at getting a feel for that CN market than actually buying some. I know that a few of our Canadian members can supply me with all I am looking for so please don't tell me to just pm them. :) Thanks!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Re: Canadian silver in bulk

Postby Know Common Cents » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Check APMEX for bulk CDN silver dollars. Price is fairly close to spot in quantity. They also have a large stock of CDN proof-like sets that contain the silver dime, quarter, half and dollar. As I recall, that's 1.11 oz of AG and again very close to spot.

That's about the best deal I've seen these days. Most of the CDN silver I've seen on eBay is people selling 50% silver as 80% or junk mixtures that are discolored, heavily worn and the like.

Good luck with your hunt. I'd still make a call to APMEX to see if they have any full or partial bags of CDN 80%. Bet they do or could at least put your name on a list to notify if they do.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Nickelmeister » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:28 pm

J&M in Vancouver has Canadian junk listed here:

http://www.bullioncoinsandbars.com/prod ... -coins.htm
Standing offer: BUYING Canadian junk silver at 90% melt. PM me to lock in price and quantity.
Nickelmeister
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 pm

I think we have a couple of canadian members that could supply you with all you are looking for. You might want to PM Nickelmeister or FasTT ;)

Sorry , I had to
TXBullion
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am

Nickelmeister wrote:J&M in Vancouver has Canadian junk listed here:

http://www.bullioncoinsandbars.com/prod ... -coins.htm

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby Dvorak » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:27 am