All I can say is WOW

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

All I can say is WOW

Postby jasmatk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Its that high silver at $42.95/oz I counted up my silver today just to see what I had Ive bought a bunch recently and havent keep up with my tally sheet so I add it up multiply by spot and :shock: I made that much and It just gonna go higher I can rember when I started buying silver spot was about $11 not $3 like some of you. anyone else drooling over there PMs lately?
-If you face the light you will never see shadows
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: All I can say is WOW

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Silver touched 43! :mrgreen: I started at 13 bucks an ounce and anything over 20 seemed crazy to me, now I n=have bought some at 40! :shock: I think 50 is easily obtainable quite soon. Drool! ;)
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby jasmatk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:00 pm

$50 within 2 months and thats being generous.
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Now $43.05 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:28 pm

I started when it was around $11

Remember when it shot up around $20 and fell down to the $8 to $9 range?

I was looking through some of my halves the other day and found some BU Franklins I had bought for $4.25 a piece; crazy to think that 40% has a melt value up in the $6 range now.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby BamaJoe » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:20 pm

Well, I didn't get in at the lowest, but I did first start buying heavy at the $4.50 range.

Always mentally knew it would do this, but I admit that it's still hard to wrap my head around 31X face.

Over a 900% gain in a decade does bring a smile to your face. :D
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 97guns » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:56 pm

my metal portfolio just surpassed 90% gains today
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Market Harmony » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:35 pm

first bought around $7ish... still buying today. And each time I run the calculator to see what price I am paying, I continuously say, wow.

I live for wow moments :D
Brick and mortar shop: buy, sell, and trade anything precious- coins, bullion, scrap, jewelry, gems, etc.
http://marketharmony.net

Follow me on Twitter- @MarketHarmony
Market Harmony
Super Post Hoarder

Location: 657 Evergreen Ave, First Floor, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm feelin' pretty good about that couple of tons of copper I converted to silver a few years ago. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:06 pm

I bought 1,000 oz of silver when it was $4 oz in 2002. Wife was so pissed at me when I spent that money. I looked at it as an investment. Been buying more every year and pissing off the wife more and more. Bought a monster box last year, that killed my bank account. Feeling pretty darn good right now. Haven't sold much of it at all. Will try to sell at least 3 of my 2010 ATB sets next week. I need to see how much I actually have in the deposit boxes. Can't fit any more in there right now. Wife isn't as pissed about silver as she is about copper.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby HoardCopperByTheTon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:09 pm

They always gotta be pissed about something. :mrgreen:
If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more
HoardCopperByTheTon
HoardsPostsByTheTon

Postby GA-Silver » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:10 pm

True dat!
GA-Silver
Penny Collector Member

Postby glass » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 pm

I started buying around 30-33
Thanks all
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby ScottyTX » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:50 am

Umm, I wonder what if, what if.... I sold all of my numismatic coins to buy into silver on the big dip down to 9.00 an ounce. I began to make wuite a bit flipping it and haven't stopped yet, A lot of work went into this. Silver has now reached a price where I would have been right about even if I had kept all the silver I bought and not flipped it :) all that work for nothing I guess!!! I just knew silver would go back over 20.00 and not come back but...Ahhhh, I can remember back in college, 2001 or so, walking into a pawn shop an staring at a 1000 oz silver bar for 4050.00. I was drooling over it but what kind of college student paying his own way has an extra 4k laying around. I picked out a nice handful of BU 64 halves and paid 4.25 X face. Anyways I should have quite hoard in the 1000's of oz saved up but thought paying off debt would serve me pretty well, silly me!!! Ummm, those 100 rolls of BU unopened rolls of Ben Franklin halves would have been nice to hang on too, ahh those two 2008 SAE PCGS sealed monster boxes would be nice to have back.....ALL I CAN SAY IS POOEY!!
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby jasmatk » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:12 am

Tourney64 wrote:Wife isn't as pissed about silver as she is about copper.

You gotta put it to real gental kind of like this "look woman you were wrong about silver and your wrong about copper now leave me alone before I start hoarding nickels too" Image
jasmatk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:09 am

Thanks Jasmatk. Like the the arguing icons at the end of your post.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:48 am

It's fun to recalculate your net worth on a day-to-day basis... but be careful. From many episodes of past experience, when you start adding up what you're worth it seems like that's when the cobra rears it's head and strikes. Image
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 am

What's important is that you have x ounces of silver, y ounces of gold, A pounds of copper, and B pounds of nickel. That's the money; not the FRN value. The value in dollars - if you have a long-term view as you should - isn't terribly important except for limited needs to buy something near-term in FRNs.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Know Common Cents » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Good to see so many silver success stories. I've bought into silver at various (low) levels, but am old enough to have bought in at face.

In the early 1960s, I mowed over a dozen lawns each week during the Summer and shoveled their snow in the Winter. For the mowing, I got $1.25 in coins or would discount to one silver dollar if they paid that way. Shoveling was a flat rate of $3.50 per week regardless of whether it snowed or not.

Had a lot of coins coming in. Course I had to spend some for expenses, but I still have many of the nice ones that came my way. We could still buy silver dollars at face from the bank, but a high percentage were either 1896 P or common Peace dollars. I saved one or two each week and still have 2 rolls of the nicer ones.

Yes. I've spent silver dollars for items. Most usually they were the ones like you see now on the APMEX web site classified as "worse than cull," but I'm happy to have been able to keep what I did.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals