Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

Postby 97guns » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:30 pm

they just put them back up on the site

http://www.jackhuntatb.com/
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby 97guns » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:10 pm

im surprised noone wants one, i just popped for another.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScottyTX » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:56 pm

They sold out just 1.5 hrs after you listed it. I got in 2 sets for myself!! Thanks man for the heads up.

Scotty
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:16 pm

I already have 2 coming from them to 2 seperate locations and 1 from MTB via EBay. Hope to get another set from DillonGage. Not sure how I could order any more from Jack given the one per household limit.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Dvorak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:29 pm

I ordered a set from Jack Hunt. I almost didn't because I know these things will likely be beat up, but I just can't turn down .999 silver what is now, $3.65/oz under spot!

I'll probably leave them unopened and let someone else gamble on taking a peak at them down the line.
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby jtlee321 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:05 am

I just checked the FedEx website to see how much shipping was from JHCB to my house via the shipping method they chose and the actual package dimensions with the declared value of the package set at $850.00. The cost quoted by FedEx's website was $19.27. I wonder what the US Mint would think if they knew that JHCB and others were charging such a high shipping rate (460%) to help pad their profit margins? Let's just say that they pad each shipment by $60.00 that would be $180,000.00 profit..
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Dvorak » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:32 am

jtlee321 wrote:I just checked the FedEx website to see how much shipping was from JHCB to my house via the shipping method they chose and the actual package dimensions with the declared value of the package set at $850.00. The cost quoted by FedEx's website was $19.27. I wonder what the US Mint would think if they knew that JHCB and others were charging such a high shipping rate (460%) to help pad their profit margins? Let's just say that they pad each shipment by $60.00 that would be $180,000.00 profit..

All the APs have been jacking up the S&H rates. I'm sure they are charging close to the maximum that the Mint would allow. I just wish that price included things like airtites (pre-change Fidelitrade/Jack Hunt).

I don't begrudge them it, they had a hard cap on the price they could sell at, which is now far below spot. The amount of work (answering phones/emails/etc) per revenue dollar is far below their norms as well. I'll bet many of them considered not participating in 2011 had the mint not relaxed all the rules this go-around.
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby hejira11 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:12 pm

I was order #2222. I just checked my fedEx confirmation and it is being shipped! I am supposed to have them on 4/15
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:33 pm

I was 623 and had my payment shipped immediately.... postal money order. still not shipped yet...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 am

One of my buddies got his yesterday fuom Jack. They looked very nice.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Pennysaved » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:43 pm

I sent them an email to check on my shipment.

This is the response I got:

I can confirm we received your payment. Shipping of sets has been
completely random. Your order should ship soon

So sounds like it doesn't matter when you sent your payment; the shipping out of sets has been random.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:09 am

here is a helpful link for all that ordered from Mr Hunt. At this point its king of like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=americ ... m270.l1313
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Dvorak » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:here is a helpful link for all that ordered from Mr Hunt. At this point its king of like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=americ ... m270.l1313

No doubt. I'm scared to open my Fidelitrade set (pre-customer complaint) for this reason. I can just see that gunshot wound leaking all over.
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Getting kind of frustrated at the delay in shipping these coins. Ordered 2 other sets from other dealers after my payment was received by Jack Hunt and already have them either in hand or in transit. I know they said 4-6 weeks for delivery.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby 97guns » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:19 pm

i finally got some movement on my jack hunt shipment. getting it next tuesday

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby coppernicus » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:23 pm

I ordered three sets from Jack Hunt. I paid for mine first(1007) and it is not shipped. The one to my mother in law was paid next... not shipped(2200). I got one through a guy at work(3000)...his was shipped and fedex tried delivering it yesterday but he was not home. He left for Vegas this morning and won't be back till Monday. So, here I sit...still with nothing in hand:(
coppernicus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 97guns » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:28 pm

someone emailed jh and was told orders are being shipped by total random, my order was 1592. i am also very ansy when it comes to having this many duckets hanging out there with no product or tracking in hand, at least my MTB set came and my fidelity check cleared today, now i just need them to get shipped, things are starting to come together for me.

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby hejira11 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Got my coins today. They look like hammered sh*t! Thanks JHCB.
Last edited by hejira11 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby inflationhawk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:15 pm

hejira11 wrote:Got my coins today. They look liked hammered sh*t! Thanks JHCB.

Post pictures
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hejira11 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:54 am

Inflationhawk,

Aside from the smude on Washinton's cheek on the Mount hood coin which I have read about on here, ALL my coins have minor, but totally unecessary scratches in odd spots on both the obverse and reverse of the coins. The most recurring issues are "ware lines" about a 1/4 in from the edge that align with the curvature of the edge. I imagine they were made by the cork placed between each coin. I think it did more harm than good...THAT and it seems like these things were handled and initially shipped with NO care whatsoever.. like UPS or a commerical airline baggage crew was set loose on them.

I am not taking pictures. I am gonna take a look at my DG order and put the worst of the worst up for sale. (not here, of course!)
hejira11
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Received one set of Jack Hunt coins today at my son's house. Will pick up this weekend. Never received an update on my tracking #. Still says Initiated as the status. One more set to go.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Got a second set from Jack........and boy oh boy did he make up for the first set. 3 of the 5 coins are SLABBED NGC FIRST STRIKE MS-69.

No Joke!!!!!! Wow thanks Jack for the upgrade.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Diggin4copper » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I order the first week or so.. no update, no nothing... just the Fedex delivery email that was incorrectly sent hope something happens soon...
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Got a second set from Jack........and boy oh boy did he make up for the first set. 3 of the 5 coins are SLABBED NGC FIRST STRIKE MS-69.

Nice! hopefully I will get lucky then for all my waiting. My check must of been one of the first he got.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Got a second set from Jack........and boy oh boy did he make up for the first set. 3 of the 5 coins are SLABBED NGC FIRST STRIKE MS-69.

Did you call and complain or something? Slabbed coins :o ? This is not some weird late April fools joke is it? Man I hope I get a couple of those! :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals