Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

Postby Rodebaugh » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:03 pm

blackrabbit wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Got a second set from Jack........and boy oh boy did he make up for the first set. 3 of the 5 coins are SLABBED NGC FIRST STRIKE MS-69.

No Joke!!!!!! Wow thanks Jack for the upgrade.

Did you call and complain or something? Slabbed coins :o ? This is not some weird late April fools joke is it? Man I hope I get a couple of those! :mrgreen:

No calls to mr hunt from me.....and no joke 3 coins slabbed NGC FS MS69.

I hope it was/is just the head of things to come and you folks get a full set like them.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 97guns » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 pm

were you one of the ones that they lost the check on?

i read somewhere that they offered those people slabbed coins for their delay and hassle.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 pm

97guns wrote:were you one of the ones that they lost the check on?

i read somewhere that they offered those people slabbed coins for their delay and hassle.

Lost checks? oh geez, now youve got me worried... I sent mine in immediately. I havent gotten anything since the correction emails referring to the fed ex email.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:
blackrabbit wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:Got a second set from Jack........and boy oh boy did he make up for the first set. 3 of the 5 coins are SLABBED NGC FIRST STRIKE MS-69.

No Joke!!!!!! Wow thanks Jack for the upgrade.

Did you call and complain or something? Slabbed coins :o ? This is not some weird late April fools joke is it? Man I hope I get a couple of those! :mrgreen:

I hope it was/is just the head of things to come and you folks get a full set like them.

Glad to see it work out and I regret passing on this deal.

Doc, Is it possible Hunt is reading realcent?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:43 pm

Thogey wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:
blackrabbit wrote:

Glad to see it work out and I regret passing on this deal.

Doc, Is it possible Hunt is reading realcent?

With as much business to him as this site brought, it'd be silly for him not to. The Doc opened up against him, so I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Hunt sent out the slabs as a mea culpa.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby 97guns » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Treetop wrote:
97guns wrote:were you one of the ones that they lost the check on?

Lost checks? oh geez, now youve got me worried... I sent mine in immediately. I havent gotten anything since the correction emails referring to the fed ex email.

im pretty sure you would have been notified already, ill try to find the thread but there was a batch of 25 checks lost. the customers had to file a claim for the money order and were given 2 options.

send in another check and get a slabbed set or cancell the order and receive $100, they would accept a personal check for this repayment.
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:16 pm

Just picked up my coins from Jack Hunt that were delivered to my sons house on Friday. 3 slabbed coins NGC First Strike MS69. The others were in sealed bubble wrap and look good enough to get graded the same. I had no communication with JHCB at all. Still waiting on my 2nd set. Definitely worth the wait.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Cool! I hope some of that Hunt benevolence trickles down my way. I am still waiting on mine. Come on Hunt, the suspense is killing me!!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernicus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Finally got my first set in hand...they were waiting at the Fedex office for a few days while my friend at work was in Vegas. The look prettty good but nothing spectacular. I am waiting to see if the ones that are taking longer are in better shape.
coppernicus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Dr Mr Hunt, If you are reading this, I am being very patient waiting for my coins... :mrgreen:
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:47 pm

I just checked fedex... mine are finally in transit...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Sorry guys for this:

You know what, I take back what I said about MY ATB coins being crap. I have decided that they are probably all crap. No offense to my fellow ATB owners but I think the quality of these coins, as in craftsmanship, is subpar for the US mint. What did I expect? They are bullion coins after all.

What makes me say all of this? Well my NGC slabbed MS69 coins look just as crappy as my raw coins. It is not Jacks Fault (of course he didn’t help the cause with bubble mailer treatment). The mint just produced a poor quality product with a low mintage from dies (maybe blanks) that were not properly finished. Am I the only person in America that has put a loupe up to one of these coins? Poorly made.....Simple as that.

Folks, feel free to to shoot me down on this one all you like. But go look at the fabrication lines on the rims of your ATB coins or the 10 thousand die polishing scraches found on either side. Then look at a 40% proof Ike or any ASE still in MS and tell me that your ATBs are of equal quality. I am not buying the line, "well doc they're bigger coins...expect more scrathes/imperfections". Not true I have a few other 5 ouncers from other mints that make these ATBS look like rusty stop signs laying in the ditch.

Just thinking..... . . . . . .IMO....Cheap silver is cheap silver. Enjoy the premiums while they last.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Tourney64 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:23 pm

My 2nd Jack Hunt set is on it's way. Expecting delivery on Wednesday.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:08 am

Doc,

I agree with what you said. My hunch is that they were under very tight deadlines to get any of these coins out the door. They were experiencing manufacturing problems left and right. I had read on Mintnewsblog that the thickness of the 2010 coin was too thin. The edges were crumbling while the edge lettering was being applied (I wonder how many of these coins were melted due to this alone?). That and the design relief had to be scaled back as well also due to the thickness of the coins. Those two situations are what prompted for the possible size change coming up for the future sets (they will be from 2.5 - 3 inches in diameter). I am pretty sure they had to settle for the quality of coin that they did strike just to get the 33,000 struck by December 31st 11:59 PM. It is a shame but hopefully a learning experience for the U.S. Mint. These coins are going to be a historical moment for the U.S. Mint considering they have never struck anything this large. This is one of the main reasons I picked up the 2 sets I was able to acquire. I will be purchasing the Uncirculated set as they are released as well. I can just imagine what kind of Numismatic Value these will achieve in the next 20 or 30 years.

Maybe after the debacle of the 2010 set the mint will do a much better job on the future releases. My guess is that the Bullion coins will not get a perfect treatment because they are bullion. The Unc's and any other Numismatic treatments done to the future releases should be exceptional. I still can't wait to see how the Unc versions of the 2010's come out. I know that the final finish is applied to the coin after it is struck. Hopefully that means that after the final finish they will be immediately encapsulated to protect the fragile finish. We can only wait and see.
Last edited by jtlee321 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby jtlee321 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:42 am

This is from Goldandsilverblog.com

For this year's offering, the US Mint will start by releasing two different designs featuring Gettysburg National Military Park and Glacier National Park, each with a mintage of 126,500 units. This will be followed by three additional designs released later in the year featuring Olympic National Park, Vicksburg National Military Park, and Chickasaw National Recreation Area. The US Mint has stated that their goal is to produce a minimum of 126,500 coins for each of these designs.

Fairly substantial difference. I wonder how much they will be at street level?
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Postby Diggin4copper » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:53 am

Jack must be watching! Mine shipped yesterday after I posted! Now lets see if he sent 69s...Thanks Jack! :D
Diggin4copper
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGCoinHunter » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 am

Guess it didnt pay to overnight my payment. You guys got slabbed coins while us early birds got bubble wrapped pucks. Had to go out and buy some snap tites for them this weekend. Swung by my local coin shop and asked if they had any. The woman was supprised I got a set of them. Needless to say they didnt have any snaps to fit. Said they most likely will not get any either. So I had to order from JP's via ebay. $13 shipped for the set.

Doc I have to agree with you, they do look like regular bullion. Many scratches on the fields. I am not impressed with the quality but hey it was under melt. I cant complain.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:09 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:I am not impressed with the quality but hey it was under melt. I cant complain.

Thats what I have to keep telling myself.

I am looking forward to the mints exspensive release of the collector quality coins. BTW I am at the office and my ATBs are at home (Probably serving as coasters for the wife's can of slim fast) and I have a question.

The mint release collector versions are to have a "P" mintmart. Do our Bullion ATBs have any mint marks? If not.....Thats huge IMO for the lower mintage USMINT.GOV coins. Someone with a set infront of them let me know if you would.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 am

No they don't have a mint mark.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:13 am

Went to FeeBay and confirmed that the Bullion ATB's DO NOT have a mintmark via this guys nice photos:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-America-Beauti ... 2c5c1084da
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby 97guns » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:59 pm

i just rec'd my order from jack and i too got 3 MS69 slabbs

mount hood
yellowstone
yosemite

anyone want to do some trading maybee?

97guns
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Those are the same ones I got slabbed.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm

I just received my 2nd order from Jack Hunt. Will there be 3 NGC slabbed coins like my last order, or non slabbed like many of the people here at realcent received? It was neither. It was 5 PCGS First Strike slabbed coins graded 2- MS68DMPL, 2 - MS68PL, and 1 - Gem BU. The box was smaller than the last set I received so I didn't think it would be the slabbed coins. The box it came in was 5 x 7 inch if anyone is thinking of buying unopened on EBAY in hopes of getting the graded coins. The slabs are much smaller than NGC.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Member » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 pm

I received 2 sets yesterday. All 10 coins were slabbed. 3 of the MS69PL.
check me out on facebook Lake's Coin's and Militaria
Copper Member
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby coppernicus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:59 pm

Got my second set today...All 5 coins PCGS First Strike slabbed. 3 Gem BU, 1-MS68PL, 1 MS69PL:)
coppernicus
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals