$1500 an ounce Gold spot

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$1500 an ounce Gold spot

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Gold has made it over $1500 today. Remember....gold? yeah.....Kinda like silver but not as popular and a little more yellowish. :P
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Re: $1500 an ounce Gold spot

Postby Country » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Look for a little selling at this even $1500 level. Then... Could GOLD catch on fire and lead precious metals higher?

The dollar has resumed it's downtrend after a big bounce yesterday.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm

I doubt gold is going to lead the precious metals pack higher. Sure it gets more publicity, but the Boyz still seem to have the capacity to kill dynamic attention-drawing moves, whereas they seem to be losing control of their ability to do the same in silver. It would be nice tho, to have gold confirm silver's recent highs by higher sustained moves itself, supported by the miners.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:41 pm

I suspect that much of the gold buying is still being done by funds, central banks and mega-investors. At what point, though, does the average investor throw in the towel and say, "Gold's at $1500/oz and I can't afford to buy it."

The average investor can then turn to silver, but a $100 note now buys less than 2.5 oz of Ag. A gallon of gas is now over $4.00 and food price inflation is rampant.

Seriously, though, where does one turn now that all of the above factors are happening? Most of us are positioned in some way to protect our assets. A high percentage of the public is pretty much clueless when it comes to PMs. Are we on course to be on the front lines of the "haves" vs the "have-nots?"
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals