Imminent Silver Correction

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Imminent Silver Correction

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Silver at $43.95 is flashing the warning lights for an imminent correction.
Maybe I'll be 100% wrong but something tells me otherwise.

Cheers.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Imminent Silver Correction

Postby highroller4321 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:53 pm

What makes your warning lights go off? Correction down to $35 range?

I think we might see a correction/profit taking closer to $50.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:02 pm

Heard the same thing at $30, $35 , and $40.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Corsair » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 pm

slickeast wrote:Heard the same thing at $30, $35 , and $40.

From Jon?

In his own thread?

Totally channeling the Babe calling his shot. And we all know what happened there.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:19 pm

slickeast wrote:Heard the same thing at $30, $35 , and $40.

Good point- sort of. Representation of such signals is not accurately characterized with your alleged levels and the prior lucky signals worked just fine thanks. Your tone seems quite baited.
Nonetheless, prior corrections were in the $2-4 structure. Closer in similarity (but not quite the same) to when I was looking for the massive upside wave higher when silver broke $17, the current signal is perhaps structured to be much greater than prior corrections. You may disagree. That is fine. We all understand in what we believe and believe in what we understand. I'm not here to stir the pot, just here to share like any other.
Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:33 pm

highroller4321 wrote:What makes your warning lights go off? Correction down to $35 range?

I think we might see a correction/profit taking closer to $50.

It's just the trading system that I use. It can be wrong just like any other since nothing is perfect for sure. There really isn't a downside target, however. The future is unknowable but the signal is coming from higher octaves than prior correction signals. Let's see....

Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby fb101 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:45 pm

I also expect a downward correction.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugalcanuck » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:55 pm

I dont think if silver went down $2 - $4 I would consider it a "correction" I would just call it normal silver volatility as of late. I do think the correction has been happening for a while. A correction of the massive short selling and correction of the over supply of paper silver.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Silver at $43.95 is flashing the warning lights for an imminent correction.

Cheers.

Don't know if you're right or wrong, nor do I pretend to have the knowledge to judge. But what about $43.95 is "flashing the warning lights" that wasn't evident previously?
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Silver at $43.95 is flashing the warning lights for an imminent correction.

Cheers.

JFF, love you like a brother, man. I don't own any paper assets. Wouldn't begin to think about shorting AG. That said, I really, truly, appreciate hearing your insight on what prices are going to do. Call it a reality check, for the lack of a better word.

There's a politician, S.I. Hayakawa, been dead about 20 years, who wrote something that applies here:
If you see in any given situation only what everybody else can see, you can be said to be so much a representative of your culture that you are a victim of it.

Although I fail regularly, I don't want to become a victim of my own close-minded thinking.

One more from Hayakawa:
You guys are both saying the same thing. The only reason you're arguing is because you're using different words.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby DeanStockwell » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Put spread baby!
I'm in!
Most people do not consider dawn to be an attractive experience - unless they are still awake.
DeanStockwell
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Thank you to all for such kind remarks. Now overweight with increased gearing and core short @ 44.29

Cheers
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Scaled in for last $2. Position is quite heavy now. Looking good. The future is unknowable.
Let's see...
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby BamaJoe » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Will silver drop? Sure, it always has it ups and downs. May drop here and may go to $60 and "drop" to $52. Learned long ago that timing is not my thing. I just buy and stack, sort and stack and repeat. Just sure in the long term it will keep going up as things stand.

Still, wish you luck JFF.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

Cheers.

JFF, love you like a brother, man. I don't own any paper assets. Wouldn't begin to think about shorting AG. That said, I really, truly, appreciate hearing your insight on what prices are going to do. Call it a reality check, for the lack of a better word.

There's a politician, S.I. Hayakawa, been dead about 20 years, who wrote something that applies here:
If you see in any given situation only what everybody else can see, you can be said to be so much a representative of your culture that you are a victim of it.

Although I fail regularly, I don't want to become a victim of my own close-minded thinking.

One more from Hayakawa:
You guys are both saying the same thing. The only reason you're arguing is because you're using different words.

Such true respect is a two way street. Many here such as yourself are like family. The quotes shared are genuine and profound. Thank you!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:48 pm

For my part its hope it goes down some as buying at $35.00 + for 90% and $45.75 for .999 is more than I'm comfortable about spending as I should have stacked more
when it cost less in FRN :? . $50.00 is a big hill for me :P I'll be lucky to get a round every other week at $45.00 level.
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Cheers.

By my very simplistic reckonings it should have corrected between $31 and $35, and then grown on up to where it is now, with another correction after that. In other words, we skipped a correction about three months ago.

The market is behaving differently from what it has for about eight years now. There are different dynamics in play now.

But what do I know? I have been predicting $50 silver for six years now. :mrgreen:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby slvrbck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 am

Whadayasay up $2 today???
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:42 am

as they are fond of saying on ZeroHedge

BTFD!

(buy the dip)
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 am

Core short is added @ 44.77

BTFD for physical, STFR now to protect and serve
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:53 am

No more adding for this shot. Stops are all set @ 47.77
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:44 am

So do we think the dollar will get strong as pressure builds to raise interest rates to be competitive with other currencies. Rates go up, then the ability for US to even pay the interest will become impossible. Interest payments are approaching an unsustainable point of equaling our GDP. Print more money to pay debt and inflation skyrockets and Silver will only go one direction. I think smart and big money is moving into Silver. If there is a correction it may be upward to historical gold-silver ratios.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby aristobolus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:18 am

Perhaps we are seeing a massive correction...to the upside! If one embraces the historic ratio of 16:1, then we still have a ways to go before silver goes flatline. On the other hand, if this ratio is archaic, or will be circumvented by manipulative forces; then anything (up, down, all around is possible).

The other thought I have is that for those of us who are not people of means this is a difficult time. Should we sell, pay off all or most debt, and be thankful. Or should we protect our ability to feed our family in what may be a "radical transformation" of our country? It reminds me of "Who wants to be a Millionaire?" Those who stop when the question gets way over their head show prudence. Perhaps this forum is like the various forms of help on that show, "call a friend", "poll the audience", etc.
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby Tourney64 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 am

Carefully invest in things of real value. I have stopped investing in my 401K, because I believe it is a black hole where nothng is a safe choice. Food stockpile what you can, healthcare, water, guns and ammo, energy sources. Most people will be unprepared. Desperate people will do anything to feed their families. It actually is not good that the dollar is falling in value. Food will actually be worth more than silver when things get really bad.
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

Tourney64 wrote:So do we think the dollar will get strong as pressure builds to raise interest rates to be competitive with other currencies. Rates go up, then the ability for US to even pay the interest will become impossible. Interest payments are approaching an unsustainable point of equaling our GDP. Print more money to pay debt and inflation skyrockets and Silver will only go one direction. I think smart and big money is moving into Silver. If there is a correction it may be upward to historical gold-silver ratios.

The fiat currency battle is still about interest rates. When the fed signals rate bias changes, you will see USD exchange rates strengthening. Smart and big money cannot allocate out of USD and into silver. Very little of the entire fiat base globally has allocated into silver. Many trillions in fiat. A few hundred million ounces of silver x 30, 40, 50, 200 or even 1000 can't come close in replacement to the current fiat base. Silver is a very tiny market in comparison. In fact, it would only take the existing fiat base of a handful of some of the largest hedge funds to accumulate the entire physical supply, which is a very tiny fraction of the fiat community.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals