Kicking myself

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Kicking myself

Postby Tantalar » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:04 pm

I have been waiting for a correction in silver since it went to $35 and now its over $45!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Thinking of dumping now because I can't see how it could keep going much longer like this!
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Kicking myself

Postby BamaJoe » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Sure dump it. Then once it hits $100 and "corrects" down to $95 you can buy some more.
If you are waiting for the "correction" to buy you need to realize that the increasing prices ARE the correction.

$100 Silver soon coming to a location near you.
BamaJoe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

I'd be happy to take your dumps... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 pm

68Camaro wrote:I'd be happy to take your dumps... ;)

You could start a business doing that. I had to take a dump this afternoon, but was working on a job 13 miles from a clean bathroom.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby frugalcanuck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Theogy... couldnt you plant some shrubs and go behind them? One thing I learned from a few years of tree planting is always have a roll near. Its either that or rip of the sleve of your shirt... You could only do it twice though.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ffej » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:00 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:Theogy... couldnt you plant some shrubs and go behind them? One thing I learned from a few years of tree planting is always have a roll near. Its either that or rip of the sleve of your shirt... You could only do it twice though.

use a sock, much,much softer....
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Corsair » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 pm

ffej wrote:
frugalcanuck wrote:Theogy... couldnt you plant some shrubs and go behind them? One thing I learned from a few years of tree planting is always have a roll near. Its either that or rip of the sleve of your shirt... You could only do it twice though.

What a great way to make your entrance onto the forum, ffej!
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby ffej » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Corsair wrote:
ffej wrote:

What a great way to make your entrance onto the forum, ffej!

Sorry about that, been lurking long enough to know ( in the virtual world ) most everyone on this forum, forgot I've only been a ghost. Anyway sorry for the slight thread steal... and thanks for the greeting!.....lurking mode engaded.... 8-)
ffej
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Delawhere Jack » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:37 pm

I sometimes think how cool it would be if I'd bought in big back then. Instead I bought a Z28 to impress some chic I was dating. Now both she and the car are gone. If I'd put what I spent on that car into silver it would buy an average house now.

Live and learn....
I've gone Galt. Obama and all the other commie's can kiss my a....
Delawhere Jack
Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Yea but you can't replace memories.

Did your Z28 have leather, did the chic? Tell us about 'some chic'. It'll help ease the pain.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby whatsnext » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm

I bought 2 oz at 25 and stopped, waiting for a correction. It went to 30ish and fell to 26ish. I was blindsided and thought the correction would last more than 3 days so I missed that jump in.

Next I missed the America the beautiful from mint seller guys.

But I got a bar at 40 so I'm not to bad off.

It could always be worse.
Last edited by whatsnext on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:40 pm

I wish you guys would quit making posts like that and cracking me up. I had oral surgery today and hurts to smile.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Anything to lighten Tantalar's misery...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby frugalcanuck » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm

ffej wrote:

I also think it was a great first post. Got me laughing.

However I would have to disagree on the use of sock. After a good day of work I would not put my sock anywhere close to my skin after it came off. And if there is time left in the day I would not want to go without a sock. Ive been in that situation many a times and would never give up a sock and this is coming from a guy who wares two pair when in the bush..
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it. The process by which banks create money is so simple the mind is repelled. With something so important, a deeper mystery seems only decent." John Kenneth Galbraith 1975
frugalcanuck
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 pm

frugalcanuck wrote:
ffej wrote:

I also think it was a great first post. Got me laughing.

However I would have to disagree on the use of sock. After a good day of work I would not put my sock anywhere close to my skin after it came off. And if there is time left in the day I would not want to go without a sock. Ive been in that situation many a times and would never give up a sock and this is coming from a guy who wares two pair when in the bush..

If that is the case, you may want to reconsider the friendliness of the property owner! :lol:
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm fairly certain the terminology "yeah, I've socked away some [shucks]" was meant to refer to stashing precious metals, not actually... :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby tn-dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:40 am

Delawhere Jack wrote:I sometimes think how cool it would be if I'd bought in big back then. Instead I bought a ________ Live and learn....

Fill in the blank here for me too. I think about all the "Stuff" I've bought instead of silver since I starting buying over the past year. :evil: Still way ahead of a lot of people though...
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals