Extra 8% in eBay Bucks promotion from Microsoft

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Extra 8% in eBay Bucks promotion from Microsoft

Postby jtlee321 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:19 am

Anyone get the email from eBay regarding the promotion from Microsoft for earning an extra 8% in eBay Bucks for a total of 10%?

I got an email from eBay regarding this promotion. The catch is you have to be running Windows 7 and upgrade to IE 9 and "Pin" eBay to the task bar. Once you have "pinned" eBay to your task bar you simply click on the link and start buying. Plus as an extra bonus the first time you use it you get an extra $5.00 in eBay Bucks. This offer is good through May 18th. Reminds me of the good old days with "Bing".

Here is the Downside:

What's the eBay Bucks Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 promotion?
eBay has teamed up with Microsoft to offer select members of the eBay Bucks Rewards Program a new way to earn eBay Bucks. Read on to learn how, with Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), you can "pin" eBay to your Windows 7 taskbar, and how that will allow you to earn extra Rewards on every qualifying purchase, through May 18, 2011.

Who's eligible for the promotion?
The promotion is offered exclusively to select members of the eBay Bucks program, running Windows 7, who receive an invitation email from eBay. Sorry, no forwarding, and no later signup or registration.

I think I will be doing some buying on eBay shortly. I hope some of you guys got this email. I will have to use my Mom's computer she has Windows 7, I am on a Mac. One of the few times I have been disappointed about being on a Mac. :D
jtlee321
Penny Collector Member

Re: Extra 8% in eBay Bucks promotion from Microsoft

Postby beauanderos » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:22 am

I got this too, but it really won't help me out. You're still capped at $500 a quarter and I'll easily reach that without this promotion.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals