SILVER - WAS $31-$49, WAS $33-$43, NOW $44+

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, WAS $41-$44, NOW $45+

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:28 pm

Several commentors in newsletters I get are consistent (right or wrong). They expect that major shorts will have to cover themselves over the next few weeks, and to expect significant market manipulation and major intra-day fluctuations up and down. But general strong trend up overall, until the shorts are covered. And as always, any big changes in world events would be cause for instant re-evaluation.

After the shorts are covered, and after QE2 technically ends, there may be a fall-back for Ray's consolidation. I believe that will be temporary and the run-up will continue, because either a formal QE3 will start right back up (even though they say it won't), or perhaps more likely - a back-door QE3 will be conducted whereby the Fed itself doesn't buy the bonds, but gives the "money" to the member banks and has them do their dirty work.

It's these types of things (among others) that I personally don't trust technical analysis to cover, but that could be my ignorance, despite having tried to understand it over the years.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby justj2k78 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:16 pm

Looking to find an ASE or two, trolling Ebay to see if any deals slip through the cracks, and right now $55 is the floor... !
justj2k78
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Hard to believe what silver was 30 days ago. Don't you wish you were buying at the old price instead of selling.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby Country » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:28 pm

SILVER up another 40c tonight. $45 may be history by morning.... :mrgreen:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 pm

Country wrote:SILVER up another 40c tonight. $45 may be history by morning.... :mrgreen:

USD threatening to go below 74
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby aloneibreak » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:38 pm

68Camaro wrote:
Country wrote:SILVER up another 40c tonight. $45 may be history by morning.... :mrgreen:

USD threatening to go below 74

the dollars demise is getting closer....
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:57 pm

$47 tomorrow on short-covering rally :?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:04 pm

beauanderos wrote:$47 tomorrow on short-covering rally :?

As I think that's what's going on, I wouldn't bet against 48 tomorrow, maybe 50 by Friday close.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm

68Camaro wrote:

As I think that's what's going on, I wouldn't bet against 48 tomorrow, maybe 50 by Friday close.

I think the markets are closed on Good Friday... so how about if we celebrate Great Thursday?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby glass » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:24 pm

Been watching the usd last few weeks last few weeks small changes 3-4 cents
Today was 75 cents down??
glass
Penny Pincher Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:27 pm

glass wrote:Been watching the usd last few weeks last few weeks small changes 3-4 cents
Today was 75 cents down??

Big drop in early morning, and another this evening.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:36 pm

beauanderos wrote:
68Camaro wrote:

I think the markets are closed on Good Friday... so how about if we celebrate Great Thursday?

Are they still? I know they used to be here in the States. Not sure about the overseas market.
68Camaro

Postby slvrbck » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 am

here we go. . .
Soooo... Is it just me or is a chart of US debt looking dangerously parabolic?
slvrbck
Penny Collector Member

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, WAS $41-$45, NOW $46+

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

And I happen to wake up to let the dog out, check the price, and we've officially just hit $46, with the dollar about to dip into the 73s...
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 am

Yep, dollar goes below 74. Wow. This is almost scary.
68Camaro

Postby aristobolus » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:19 am

68Camaro wrote:And I happen to wake up to let the dog out, check the price, and we've officially just hit $46, with the dollar about to dip into the 73s...

I have never bought food for long-term (or short to intermediate term) usage. Over the past week I began buying from Honeyville and Sams Club online. Better to be prepared just in case, my family can always eat it later or donate it to charity. This was fun at first, but perhaps this is the meltdown we have feared. :|
aristobolus
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 am

OK - hold on. We're only 1.8 points, and counting down, away from the potential for some serious meltdown...
Attachments
New Picture.JPG
New Picture.JPG (37.62 KiB) Viewed 811 times
68Camaro

Postby AGCoinHunter » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:31 am

This is becoming scary.
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TXBullion » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 am

Can you elaborate on the US Dollar Index ?
TXBullion

Postby Dvorak » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 am

AGCoinHunter wrote:This is becoming scary.

Yeah, there is no pleasure in being "right" about the economy/precious metals. All the "economic doomsday kooks" are being proven right so far.
Dvorak
Penny Sorter Member

Postby frugi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:00 am

exactly. it is depressing to be excited when the dollar goes down, I am just glad I was never cool, had the time to develop my interests, and didn't waste my money on stupid stuff, instead now I have metal, metal, metal. I have no dollars, all of my holdings are physical 100%, aside from business cash I am ALL investment metals. I would LOVE WITH MY WHOLE heart for the US economy to recover and become number 1, for us all to have a bright, beautiful, great place to live, a wonderful future to raise families, etc. Sadly, probably not going to be that easy, probably quite a struggle ahead for most of us. But if I could change the course of all of our futures, I would even if it meant losing the value of my entire savings (since 100% of my savings is in metals). I think most of us would rather have a peaceful life to live out our days, who wouldn't? I hope we are all wrong and America becomes great again. But if not, if we are not looking to the brightest future, there is no point in holding onto the dream, or the US dollar. I feel like Yippee! or Yay! silver is almost to $50.00, but at what cost? Sadly I will hate to see things when silver is at $100.00
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 am

bump
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Re: SILVER - WAS $31-$35, WAS $36-$40, WAS $41, NOW $42+

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:First full allocation complete with a short @ 42.74.

I hope you have covered by now ($46.62).
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:35 pm

TXBullion wrote:Can you elaborate on the US Dollar Index ?

What do you want to know? I hate to presume either ignorance or knowledge. One of my key talents is to be able to re-state the obvious! ;)

I presume you all know that it is a market-basket of key other currencies, weighted by type (Euro, yen, pound, canadian $, swedish krona, swiss franc) relative to the US dollar. Look it up on wiki (U.S. Dollar Index) for details.

The original weighting was set at index of 100 = par with dollar. A value higher than 100 indicates that the dollar is stronger than the weighted average. A value lower than 100 indicates the dollar is weaker. From the wiki article

At its start, the value of the US Dollar Index was 100.000. It has since traded as high as 148.1244 in February 1985, and as low as 70.698 on March 16, 2008, the lowest since its inception in 1973.

(Note these values quoted above aren't the closing value high/low, but the intra-day high/low.)

A number of conservative analysts who are smarter than I am say that a closing value below 72, in a downward trend (and especially given the weakened state that both the US and the world are in) is a strong indicator of signficant trouble. They believe this is one of the key warning indicators of imminent collapse (note that we were "there" in 2008, but QE 1 staved it off, temporarily). 72 is not a literal hard, fast rule, but anything near that value needs to be considered. The closer to it the more the warning bells should be going off. If we pass below 72 and things haven't collapsed, the further below 72 we get, the more conservative positions should become. And at that point, make sure you are stocked up, and your powder is dry, literally. There are no doubt other clarifying indices that need to be considered with this. I'll continue to post any strong conclusions that I hear from the newsletter summaries I get.
68Camaro

Postby TXBullion » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:18 pm

68Camaro wrote:
TXBullion wrote:Can you elaborate on the US Dollar Index ?

What do you want to know? I hate to presume either ignorance or knowledge. One of my key talents is to be able to re-state the obvious! ;)

I presume you all know that it is a market-basket of key other currencies, weighted by type (Euro, yen, pound, canadian $, swedish krona, swiss franc) relative to the US dollar. Look it up on wiki (U.S. Dollar Index) for details.

The original weighting was set at index of 100 = par with dollar. A value higher than 100 indicates that the dollar is stronger than the weighted average. A value lower than 100 indicates the dollar is weaker. From the wiki article

At its start, the value of the US Dollar Index was 100.000. It has since traded as high as 148.1244 in February 1985, and as low as 70.698 on March 16, 2008, the lowest since its inception in 1973.

(Note these values quoted above aren't the closing value high/low, but the intra-day high/low.)

A number of conservative analysts who are smarter than I am say that a closing value below 72, in a downward trend (and especially given the weakened state that both the US and the world are in) is a strong indicator of signficant trouble. They believe this is one of the key warning indicators of imminent collapse (note that we were "there" in 2008, but QE 1 staved it off, temporarily). 72 is not a literal hard, fast rule, but anything near that value needs to be considered. The closer to it the more the warning bells should be going off. If we pass below 72 and things haven't collapsed, the further below 72 we get, the more conservative positions should become. And at that point, make sure you are stocked up, and your powder is dry, literally. There are no doubt other clarifying indices that need to be considered with this. I'll continue to post any strong conclusions that I hear from the newsletter summaries I get.

Hey thank you very much for posting this. I didnt know anything about it. i will take some time to do some more research but this is very helpful!
TXBullion

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals