Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Jack Hunt Coin Broker-ATB delivery

Postby Pennysaved » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:53 pm

My set was slabbed too; just got it today

First strike all PCGS MS68

Was pretty excited to see that they were slabbed was expecting crappy ones
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:40 am

Still waiting to hear anything about my order. I am getting less patient. Anyone else still waiting on these too?
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby coppernicus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

The set that my mother in law is supposed to get has not been shipped yet.
coppernicus
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:59 pm

Well my girlfriend just got her set, which she gladly sold it to me for the price she paid. ;) They are all slabbed MS 68!! :D I hope my set comes soon and in silmilar condition. :mrgreen:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Actually the Yosemite one is MS 69. I just got too excited and did lot closely enough. :mrgreen:
Thanks again for the heads up on this deal!
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby PolishPunisher » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:33 pm

I got mine from Fed Ex today as well. Order #620. Mine were all slabbed. I'm not wise in the ways of coin grading and was hoping someone could tell me what the designations met.
Hot Springs- GEM BU
Yosemite- MS69PL
Yellowstone- MS68DMPL
Grand Canyon- MS68
Mount Hood- MS 68PL

I assume that 69 is better than 68, but was wondering about the letters and if GEM BU is above 69 or below. Thanks again for those who let the rest of us in on this deal.
PolishPunisher
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Tourney64 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:53 pm

MS69PL is the best of your coins
MS68DMPL is next DMPL Stands fir deep mirror proof like
MS68PL is next
MS68
Gem BU is last, which BU stands for Brilliant Uncirculated
Tourney64
Post Hoarder

Postby blackrabbit » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanks for the info, I did not know what the PL and DMPL were, but now I do. :)
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:40 am

For those of you still waiting on delivery from Jack Hunt, FEDEX just delivered mine an hour ago. All are wrapped up safely in multi-layers of packaging material, but unfortunately none are graded. Huge disappointment. I'll find some capsules for 'em and stash them off-site like everything else.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby ScottyTX » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Just recieved two sets that I ordered from them. I can't remember what grades for which coins but the first set was
MS69PL YS
MS68PL
MS68
Gem BU no grade assigned
1 Raw coin

Set 2:
MS68 DMPL
MS68 DMPL
MS68 PL
MS68 PL
MS68
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 97guns » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:25 pm

my brothers set is sitting on the counter, just picked it up from my grandmothers house. it weighed in at 4# , wont get opened untill around 9 pm PDT
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals