SHTF?

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

SHTF?

Postby Tantalar » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:41 am

Is this the beginning stages? Have we finally begun? silver up $2.55 today and its only early morning!? I am still so unprepared...

When SHTF I want to have a non adjustable mortgage on a condo at the very least right?

I sure hope we haven't begun free falling yet
If you love antiques, vintage, advertising material, goodwill hunting, gold, silver, and buying and selling on Ebay and Amazon, then you should check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/PickingProfits?feature=mhee

"The man who buys cheap laughs once, but cries many times. The man who buys expensive cries once, but laughs many"
"That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest." — Henry David Thoreau
Tantalar
Penny Pincher Member

Re: SHTF?

Postby Beau » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I think we have one month left before TSHTF.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:02 pm

Beau wrote:.
I think we have one month left before TSHTF.

Why?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NotABigDeal » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Let's see:

Lights still work? CHECK
Water still on? CHECK
Natural gas still on? CHECK
Gasoline available? CHECK

As long as basic utilities work, no S has hit any fan near me....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby Beau » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:31 pm

I think the Gov will spring it on us as a surprise.
you will go to the store and find it empty and looted.
the price of silver was $46.00 then it hit $49.16 [last I checked last night] then
today it is gaining.
you don`t think they are testing us, with unafordable gas prices still going up, along with everything you can name.

QE1 and QE2 did not work so we go for QE3 now with the results you know it will fail too.

the lights, gas, electricity, and water will be on how long ?

we have our army spread to thin all over the world, now it seems as if the next place is Syria, then which of 6 countries will it be.

no country wants our money anymore, no country will cover our debts, wait till June and see.
they should stop the printing presses, and save paper and ink, for the new what ever will be printed, as money.
we would be just as well off to declare QE100.

FACE IT THIS COUNTRY IS BROKE, AND THE DOLLAR IS WORTHLESS
SO WHY NOT ADMIT IT ?

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby whatsnext » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:05 pm

If shtf happens it would mean a reset was occuring and eventually things would either get better or it would be the next dark age.
Gas is going to a realistic level, we have had it better than 4/5ths of the earth for the longest time. It is never going below 2.5 again maybe not 3.5. Gas is still the best product on the market you would have to admit.

SHTF may not ever happen in our life, everything will just keep on going without most peoples consideration.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby coinking2005 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:51 pm

I don't think they will suddenly drop it on us until they have milked what they can. Then we will feel the sucker punch to the old bread basket! And then the...Image
coinking2005

Postby Know Common Cents » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:39 pm

I do think the fan has been turned on, but not yet ready for its intended governmental mission.

More than 20% of the US population is dependant upon Uncle Sam to pay their way--either partially or entirely. I believe the desired goal is to keep bumping that amount up before they can be assured of a greater success. In my estimation, 35-40% of the population beholding to the government to have the basic necessities will be the tipping point.

Flash back to one of the old movie westerns you may have seen. There are people standing on the platform with a hangman's noose around their neck. Oh, sure, they're given a minute or two to say whatever they want, but the intended conclusion is inevitable. They may or may not have had a legitimate trial.

I believe we have 12-18 months before we're offered the hood and the trap door is sprung. Prepare as much as possible. It may be possible to unplug the fan so the outcome just won't be as severe. This is something that we all have to do for ourselves and the ones whom we care for. Don't rely on others since their motive may be different than yours.
"I don't know what I'm doin' but I'm sure havin' fun" Herman Munster

I've recently adopted the Groucho Marx philosophy for dealing with politics and other life challenges, "Whatever it is, I'm against it!" (Horse Feathers 1932)
Know Common Cents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Beau » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:09 pm

when the value of dollar hits $70.00 we are at the start of the TSHTF.
it is getting closer everyday.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby whatsnext » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Beau wrote:.
when the value of dollar hits $70.00 we are at the start of the TSHTF.
it is getting closer everyday.

If the dollar hits 50 it can still buy something. SHTF to me is 0% or something like that. As long as wallmart is open SHTF is not here or there.

Our purchasing power is going a lot lower thats for sure.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Beau » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:40 pm

.[/quote]

If the dollar hits 50 it can still buy something. SHTF to me is 0% or something like that. As long as WalMart is open SHTF is not here or there.

Our purchasing power is going a lot lower thats for sure.[/quote]

Did you hear the news today about WalMart down sizing their Super Centers ?
they will have Groceries, and a Garden Center only, if they do it.
it was on the local news here.

smaller stores then rent out part of the old Super Centers.
we need a Super Grocery store chain to move in the old Big Supercenter, and have prices to beat WalMart, but WalMart will still own the building so no Grocery stores will move in.

the store here was one of the first Super Centers built and was a test store, so I guess it still is.

my old feedback

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=446

Beau
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 am

whatsnext wrote:If the dollar hits 50 it can still buy something. SHTF to me is 0% or something like that.

There will not be some gradual slide down to some point that is just "a bit difficult" for life. There will come a tipping point, where the economy goes to the crapper so fast your head will spin. It's that tipping point that is important to watch for, not the after-effect. I don't care much about the point at which we have a worthless dollar, I care most about that point that signals the final slide.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby OldPeddler » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:03 am

SHTF is still a ways off.The progressives have led us to the point where 40% of the people depend on Govt. checks to live. When it gets to 60% we will be under Govt. compleate control. Thats when they will pull the rug from under us. They will exchange our private retirement plans for a Govt. anunnity. Make ownership of GUNS, GOLD, and SILVER illeagle. Take heed it is comming. It might take 4-10 years but it is comming if you don't wake up and take charge of the GOVT>
OldPeddler
Penny Pincher Member

Postby whatsnext » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:37 am

Most people would believe were going to lose reserve status overnight by decision of our creditors. I do not think that is completely possible. They will make a competing reserve somethinanother but the dollar will still be there to compete.

Competing with another challenger would be the humbling experience our system needs to make wiser decisions. SDRs sound more unstable than the dollar.
They claim they would be more stable, but look at the euro(this should have taken reserve status if a basket approach worked).

I guess we would all need basket currencies before SDRs could work.

--Also that smilely would have smelled the poop before he tasted it. He must be Greman

---Edit a slow decline in the dollar is what eveyone wants, The creditors pulling the plug thing could have been worded better.
Last edited by whatsnext on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatsnext
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Treetop » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:43 am

whatsnext wrote:Most people would believe were going to lose reserve status overnight by decsion of our creditors. I do not think that is completely possible. They will make a competing reserve somethinanother but the dollar will still be there to compete.

Competing with another challenger would be the humbling experience our system needs to make wiser decesions. SDRs sound more unstable than the dollar.
They claim they would be more stable but look at the euro(this should have taken reserve status if a basket approach worked).

I guess we would all need basket currencies before SDRs could work.

--Also that smilely would have smelled the poop before he tasted it. He must be Greman

Yeah it sure as heck wont happen over night, I agree. Although I think it could easily be as stable as the dollar especially as it gains prominence, and the effects it would have on the dollar. Lots of talk about gold being in the basket of currencies. We still arent ready as a country to make tough choices.

Imho for a true shtf scenario, it would much more likely be the result of draconian laws, such as gun laws, or other nonsense police states try to do, that threw us into chaos, although food shortages could do it to...... We arent likely to run out of staples in this country though. Unless we get outbid in a global market, but most likely exports would be halted should it get that bad......

I think a slow downgrade into a third world nation type scenario is more likely. With more and more of a police state, that hopefully people demand ends peacefully..... We are cattle to tptb. If thats to change we have to change it. We can do BETTER, then these last couple generations, with or without oil.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 97guns » Wed May 11, 2011 10:59 am

i just got my generator friday, let it rain poop !!!!
Retired in 2009 with 300K in net worth by going all in with cash flowing real estate. every disposable penny goes back into savings via PM's - by using this technique my net worth has nearly doubled up.

ABCD investing - ANYTHING BERNANKE CAN'T DESTROY
97guns
Penny Collector Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions